Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using for dog barriers? I've got one that we had in our Pilot, but it won't fit in the 2010 Forester...

I'm leading towards a mesh style one so it won't damage the interior roofor floor with the tension rods.

The mesh ones attached with velcro...

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I have thought a lot about this and I will likely end up with a harness and a means to secure my dog in the back of the Foz, in my truck I will just use the seatbelt in the back seat.

I don't like the idea of a 60 pound dog or even a ten pounder bouncing around inside the vehicle in the event of a crash and it's also nice to know they can't go wander into traffic if there is an accident either, good luck and I love this site, great guy with thousands of pages of dog training information, more than any other site I know of.

BTW, I will likely get one of the leather harnesses but this gives you an idea anyway.

Leerburg | TruFit Harness

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,760 Posts
I have an adjustable metal cage that I bought at my local pet store. I had bought it to fit into my 2001 Outback. To make it fit my new Forester I just lengthened the legs to fit and works like a charm. It works well for $80 Canadian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts