Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know if this suspension made by STI, fits the 2009 , 2010 Forester 2.5 XT , LHD :

subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/sh_forester/cat2.html ?

Cheers,

PS> I'm not allowed to post the full URL , so it needs to be copy/paste in a browser

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one might know the answer ?
Not sure my questions makes sense but here they are ...
Any idea if a RHD suspension will be the same like the LHD one (I'm thinking the front corners will have to support different weights due the driver position) ?
Does the front struts requires different setups for left or right driving cars, or not ?
If yes, can you just invert the struts , left with right , will they fit ?

I just want to know if that JDM (RHD) suspension from STI will fit the LHD Forester.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Yes that should fit just fine, and if you're worried about the spring rates being off from left to right because of driver position... you should be able to just switch which side they are installed on.
Typically however, suspension setups outside of motorsports don't really vary too much based on the driver position.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you !
So I guess I should be able to swap the whole front struts (spring + dumper) (the front right one with the left one) ?
My guess if the left spring has a different setting than the right one , maybe the dumpers are different also .

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Thank you !
So I guess I should be able to swap the whole front struts (spring + dumper) (the front right one with the left one) ?
My guess if the left spring has a different setting than the right one , maybe the dumpers are different also .
The dampeners will be different from each side based on the location of the brake lines. I don't believe you'll be able to switch those, and I can almost guarantee they'll be the same dampening for each side despite the different part numbers.

I bet you won't have to switch anything between the sides though.
For example, when you buy a set of lowering springs they typically are only packaged as Fronts and Rears... rarely are they corner-specific.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes that why I've asked about switching, because of different part numbers on each spring and dumper.
If won't be necessary to swap them left to right, that will be great !
But how can I be sure , the springs and dumpers have the same specifications ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks , you've been very helpful !

So this suspension looks very appealing to me, a little bit stiffer to reduce body roll and with a minimum drop, only 15mm , I don't want it to lower it further more .

By the way, that muffler from STI (the same link you've posted for me) , sounds very good (to me) , they have a sample sound ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts