Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester xt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my door to get to the pos door baffle, and the first thing i did was break the tweeter bracket and then i suppose the retaining clip was recessed into the car, after i fished it out from the car, i inserted the bracket piece into the retaining clip then glued the bracket to the rest of the tweeter housing waited 10 minutes for the glue to set and reinserted the piece back into the car, it has some wobble, and im sure once i pull off the tweeter panel again to replace the speakers the bracket will snap right off.so im thinking i will order another tweeter kit but was wondering if they include the little retaining clips as im afraid mine is deformed and wont secure properly. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
tweeter kit comes with everything you need to install them and that includes new triangular grill pieces. :icon_biggrin:

After re reading your thread I think you may need to get that clip from the dealer ..

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Get some 3M double sided tape - I broke one of these as well, and found that just a couple inches of double sided (good stuff) works really well... these things are so light it doesn't take much to make them very secure. The post design on the part is hopelessly weak..poor design...but recoverable.

·
Registered
2009 forester xt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to see what the dealer says about getting the clips. if not, are you saying stick some double sided tape to the metal of the car and then sticking the tweeter grill piece back in place, thus adhereing to the tape?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Yes, if I remember correctly one side already has some foam tape on it...which was weak at best...anything you do is an upgrade :)

·
Registered
2009 forester xt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah. im going to try some tape before i try the nonhelpful dealer for advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts