Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently at the local DT, i bought some tires for my sister, and was inquiring about the Mcgard splines. they said they dont carry them but they could order them. i pressed him a little further, and he said to check the website. i couldnt find anything.....can i get some help please?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a setof gold splines and they have held up really well. i know i had seen a set of moteki on here that were completely pitted and not in very good condition after a short time. the mcgards also have the rotating washer on the base. it was also my understanding gorillas were the same as motekis....please let me know if i am mistaken. what kind of price can i expect for a set of 20 black mcgard splines?

thank you very much for your response.

·
Supporting Vendor
856 Posts
Motegi is McGard as far as I know and Gorilla is Gorilla. Give me some time on this. I'll send you a PM once I have a price. Let me just confirm with you, you are after 20 Black Mcgard spline drive lug nuts in the 12x1.25 size? Also, I have not had any complaints about the black Gorilla lug nuts corroding.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had recently needed to replace one lugnut and my local DT had them in stock. Maybe not a whole set but they had one of what I need. And they gave it to me. Good customer svc, since I buy a couple sets of tires a year from them.

·
Supporting Vendor
856 Posts
I had recently needed to replace one lugnut and my local DT had them in stock. Maybe not a whole set but they had one of what I need. And they gave it to me. Good customer svc, since I buy a couple sets of tires a year from them.
Right on wagn, i'm glad we were able to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
35,226 Posts
Motegi is McGard as far as I know and Gorilla is Gorilla. Give me some time on this. I'll send you a PM once I have a price. Let me just confirm with you, you are after 20 Black Mcgard spline drive lug nuts in the 12x1.25 size? Also, I have not had any complaints about the black Gorilla lug nuts corroding.
I had the same problem with Gorilla lug nuts. On my Motegi MR7 alloy chrome wheels I use chrome lug nuts. I found if I waxed them, they don't rust or corrode. We do the same with the black lug nuts on my son's '95 Neon Sport. I used a piece of threaded rod attached to my cordless drill to make the task easier...:)

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
856 Posts
I had the same problem with Gorilla lug nuts. On my Motegi MR7 alloy chrome wheels I use chrome lug nuts. I found if I waxed them, they don't rust or corrode. We do the same with the black lug nuts on my son's '95 Neon Sport. I used a piece of threaded rod attached to my cordless drill to make the task easier...:)

Bobby...
Thanks for sharing Bobby. That's a good tip :bananapowerslide: I have also seen the chrome lugs rust before. I have yet to see the black ones do that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS MATT!!

i got them today. i was expecting just the 20 lugs, but got the entire installation kit. better than i expected. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Brewpubeaver
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing