Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide on a new wheel/tire package for my 08 FXT and found this image and love this wheel. I have narrowed down the width to 17x7.5 or 17x8 and was hoping someone can recognize what wheel is shown on the attached image and if it comes in a 17" that would fit my Forester.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Rota Tarmac 3's?

joe r

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Definitely not a T3. I'm pretty sure it is new Rota Gravel. I'd guess in the Gunmetal or hyper black color. They only come in a 18x8.5 +44 size.

The closest to it in 17" would probably be the 08 Forester XT Sports "STi" wheels. They are only 17x7 though.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Looks like its the 18x8.5 gravel:

I'm a fan of the rota tarmac 2, 17x7.5 and you can usually get all 4 for about 650 shipped. Similar spoke design to those, and you can get them in the "full royal" treatment, with painted wheels that have the face machined off so just the accents are colored (I have full royal gunmetallic, probably my favorite looking wheel for the money).

The dpt looks similar, the g-force is the same as the tarmac 2 (but the g-force seems to be available in different colors).

You should check out wheeldude's website.

·
Registered
08 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels

Thanks, I do think it must be the 18x8.5 gravel. I looked at the Rotas and because I want to keep with a 17x7.5 wheel I probably will go with the Tarmac II.

I still might opt for the Sports STI wheels that are 17x7 but I really wanted something slightly more aggressive looking and that would improve my handling. Many of the 18" wheels I have heard are bit harsh of a ride and slower off the line.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Hard to say for sure, but I agree with the others - it looks like the Gravel.

Why?

Rota Gravel in specific fitments for the Legacy GT!!!! Look no further :) - Subaru Legacy Forums

Same lip, same tilted plate mount, same thing hanging on the interior rearview, similar-appearing tint. I know that in one of the pictures above, there's a STI centercap, but the others are a virtually identical match.

The Gravels have been getting a lot of attention in the BL/BP community since their introduction in August/September, due to the fact that they're a very good replica of the JDM STIs, which so many of us lust after. :smile:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely the Gravel... and if you run the right size of tire the ride won't be much more harsh that stock.
As for performance off the line... the difference is minimal. It's the difference between running a 12.96 and a 13.20 at the drag strip... nothing huge really in daily driving.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
so these would fit our Forester with no rubbing? Anyone else running this size rim? What size tires?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
so these would fit our Forester with no rubbing? Anyone else running this size rim? What size tires?
That depends on the tire size.
You should be able to run a 245/40 with no issue, and possibly a 245/45 as well. Anything less than that should be alright too, like a 235/45 or similar.

My 18x8½ ET48's fit fine, and the extra 4mm of strut clearance will make it work on stock struts nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts