Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering some rear sub frame locking bolts but unsure if we have the solid mounts as per the 04/05 Impreza STi's... which would make the locking bolts useless.

Question was promoted following thread which make the difference clear

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
433 Posts
I've got the whiteline rear subframe lockout bolts on mine. Had them for a year now. No Issues. Pound for pound they've the best Mod I've made. If you get the below they just lock out the subframe from any movement laterally or horizontally. You still have the subframe being suspended by the bushes. It's a good compromise without having a massive amount of NVH from the rear or chassis compared to if you went with solid or poyl bush the sub frame.

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,562 Posts
I've got the whiteline rear subframe lockout bolts on mine. Had them for a year now. No Issues. Pound for pound they've the best Mod I've made. If you get the below they just lock out the subframe from any movement laterally or horizontally. You still have the subframe being suspended by the bushes. It's a good compromise without having a massive amount of NVH from the rear or chassis compared to if you went with solid or poyl bush the sub frame.

View attachment 537605
Me too but that's a 2004 as well and they're brilliant.
I think the sub frame bushes on mine are fairly solid as I've faffed about with the sub frame and it seemed seriously solid whilst the locking bolts were not installed.
Not sure about the my05 face-lift tho bud.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,992 Posts
me 3 , no increase in nvh , although i didnt receive the break through handling that others have had ....but i have had a full super pro poly bush kit prior to fitment and the ast modified 5100s

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorting mine with bronze bushings for £8.16 delivered and some bolts I had in the garage.

I did have to order a M12 x1.25 tap set though so add £3.99 to that total.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,758 Posts
I think you will find the answer is No, as the subframe is basically the same for all SG models across each "year".

JDM rear subframe progression

UK/European models progression

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Don, I can also confirm as I was underneath about an hour ago chasing out the threads. Had a good look around and confirmed the same.

We have the top pic version, the bottom pic is the solid version:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone done any experienced both the lockout bolts and solid mounted subframe options to see how they compare to each other? I recently did a full STI subframe swap so I have the solid mounts but I'm curious how the stiffness and NVH compares to the stock subframe with the bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts