Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tire that might need to be replaced, but the meat is still good on the other 3. Can I order a new tire from you and have it shaved before getting it shipped to me? If so, what would the cost be?

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I knew that tirerack could do it, but they don't carry the falken 615. I have 4 tires that have approx 6/32's left (8/32's new) so I'll probably just throw a new one in the mix as one of the tires I have has a questionable gash on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Drats I'm having the same problem. I just got a flat on one of my hankook ventus HRII's that I got from DTD. The others have about 15,000 miles on them so ideally I'd like to have the new tire shaved to match the other three. I guess I'll just have to order and measure the circumference when I get it and hope it is within 1/4" of my remaining three tires.

I'm not sure I'll be able to find anywhere locally to do shaving. Tirerack does shaving as mentioned but does not carry my tire. I drove on this flat for probably 10 miles as it lost pressure and I think I may have damaged the wheel too....

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Put the new tire on right front, them do some hard right turn lauches. It should burn off enough tread to even them out!

Seriously though, is there any race tracks near you? It is pretty common for racers to shave their tires down and I'm sure they could help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hm...that's just crazy enough to work, esp with the FWD fuse in she should be able to peel some rubber.

Argh I just looked at it again, I think the wheel is OK, but I also noticed a pretty bad sidewall buldge on the front left tire, so I think I'm just going to get all four replaced and sell the two good ones (have about 7/32" tread left).

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got lucky. A local is selling 4 tires with similar enough tread (within 1/32) for super cheap, so now I'll have 2 full sized spares. Talk about luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts