Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever looked under a Honda? Oh, so much stuff to get caught when off-roading. Same with most "SUVs." When following Mommy-Suburbans I see so many fragile exposed wires on each end of the read axle.

Look under the 2019 Forester and what do you see? Clean and smooth as possible.

Yes, I carefully look under cars before I consider them. People at car shows and dealerships think I'm nuts. Yet, I don't get stranded off-road.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not only do I look under, I dig around in any open void and check the integrity of the fender liners. I'll roll onto a lot, state I'm just looking around and don't need the sales pitch. They tend to get a little nervous when I disappear from sight.

Snagging the low hanging fruit while on trail is one thing. I've also seen the signs of critter involvement in areas on my other rig and witnessed a furry friend disappear into a wheel well on an outing in the woods last year.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
Heck, in NYS if you're smart?

You'll ask the PO or shop to put the car up on a rack and fully inspect! JUST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT ROTTED!!!

But seriously, always be careful. Do research. I like our Forester, but it was a basket case and a half! Talk to other owners and figure out problem areas to look at..

S-

·
Registered
2009 Forester manual
64 Posts
the only time was decades ago. I had a 65 TR4A, the lower a-arm bracket cracked at the frame. In 72 went looking for new, got under a new TR6, yup same old thin metal bracket. no way, got a fiat 124 spider. Big mistake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts