Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like coffee? What kind of coffee do you like? How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? I love americano with milk or orange raff. I drink coffee every day, but not more than two cups a day. I recently found an interesting article https://booksrun.com/blog/7-healthy-reasons-to-drink-coffee/ about the coffee. Did you know that coffee turns out to have a beneficial effect on human health? Coffee is diabetes prevention. Interestingly, in coffee houses like starbucks natural coffee, what do you think?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0XT CVT
8 Posts
4 cups, on average - usually just in a press or i'll make myself a latte.

I'd love to believe these articles, but my gut says its Starbucks or some coffee trade association paying for some good press. It's still beats drinking water or tea.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,777 Posts
Peet's French Roast whole beans. Cold brew or Techni Vorn MoccaMaster depending on mood.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
624 Posts
Death Wish coffee whole bean ground fine, french press, black or with cream and sugar, mostly black, its in a word, amazing!

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring CVT
60 Posts
Actually any strong or somewhat strong coffee, Starbucks, Kona Coffee, but with Coconut creme from Nestle. Stuff is so addictive. Oh and about 3-5 cups a day.

TS out

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
124 Posts
I get $100 worth of Peets cards at Costco for $80. Their lattes are decent. When I purchase beans, I try to find Counter Culture Forty Six on sale at Whole Paycheck. Fall back is Dana Street Roasting, a local shop that has decent beans and they have the absolute best ice blended latte. Their prices are lower than all the chains.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
327 Posts
Cold brew or cowboy coffee style. Either way is a great way to make smooth coffee. And I like it strong!

StanF

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,869 Posts
I've been a coffee drinker since I started working in '73 & had to work the night shift! Retired now for 10+ years!

I've tried pretty much everything out there, settling on Starbucks SUMATRA single origin whole bean coffee. This is what you want if you like your coffee black & strong, but want it to be smooth! :biggrin:

I grind my beans fresh per cup, use RO - reverse osmosis purified water & a cone paper filter directly into my favorite Aladdin classic 12 oz travel mug.

For an afternoon snack, I have hot cocoa made with freshly brewed double strong coffee! Yummy!

Bobby...
['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
452 Posts
Love the smell of brewing coffee. Hate the taste. Never had a cup of coffee in my life. Anything with coffee flavor I avoid.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
31 Posts
I perk a pot every day with a mix of supermarket brand and espresso. Add half & half and a splash of french vanilla.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
785 Posts
Yes, probably 3 cups a day for years. Cream and sugar please. I like the starbucks pikes place but love some Chock Full O Nuts just as well. Lately been substituting and really enjoying the cranberry or orange redbulls though for the 2nd and 3rd cups, perhaps due to the heat coming on spring. Cranberry redbull with a lemon squeezed in is one of the best drinks i've had!

·
Registered
2013 forester 2.5 & XT 4eat and CVT
132 Posts
@NinoS might have to check out that redbull sounds amazing and especially with the warm weather!

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 Forester
31 Posts
..and one more thing: Get the book "Uncommon grounds" Excellent read about everything to do with the commodity of coffee. ie, where the beans are grown,the region that's ideal for coffee trees, how weather affects production, laborers, farm owners etc. And the economics of it all is fascinating, especially the influence of over loading the market or holding back the harvest for speculators. Roasting too is an art that's guarded like fort Knox. Enjoy your brew.

·
Registered
1998 forester
109 Posts
I grind and use a french press every morning, just simpler and quicker that way.

The beans though, I simply get a variety of whatever I see on sale at Homegoods or TJ Maxx.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4spd
90 Posts
I have two cups of french pressed fresh roasted, fresh ground every morning. I prefer blonde or light roast.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts