Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to install the 22mm whiteline RSB on my 14XT.
However, after I took out the 19mm STI RSB, I found that it is very hard or impossible to insert the whiteline RSB into the right place without dropping or remove the rear exhaust because the whiteline RSB seems to be longer at "L" end.

Now, I am running my car without any RSB (very strange feeling actually it not bad thought). So, for you guys who installed this RSB into XT, do you have to remove or drop the exhaust? Is it easy to drop the exhaust (I never done this before myself).

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
Is your car lowered? I had to jack mine mine up to get it in place and then dropped it back down to bolt everything together. Of course I didn't realize this until after 20 minutes of swearing scratching the hell out of the powder coat.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your car lowered? I had to jack mine mine up to get it in place and then dropped it back down to bolt everything together. Of course I didn't realize this until after 20 minutes of swearing scratching the hell out of the powder coat.
No, I did not lower my car. What I mean is that the exhaust seems to block the RSB from being in place. At least, I found it is impossible for me to put the bar in place. But I am not sure whether I did it correctly. So, I am asking who had installed the bar to confirm my judgment.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
I left pointers how to do it for the 19mm sti sway bar.

You just need to feed it from the side and rotate it and then wiggle it around.

·
Registered
2014 XTP CVT
57 Posts
I put in the whiteline 22mm without removing anything but the old swaybar. Just feed it in from the LHS when facing the front (your drivers side) and then rotate as you go. I had to then connect in one side to the end link, and then pull / push hard to get the other side around the lower arm to get it onto the other end link. Bit of maneuvering but it can be done.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put in the whiteline 22mm without removing anything but the old swaybar. Just feed it in from the LHS when facing the front (your drivers side) and then rotate as you go. I had to then connect in one side to the end link, and then pull / push hard to get the other side around the lower arm to get it onto the other end link. Bit of maneuvering but it can be done.
are your whiteline 22mm adjustable or not?

The adjustable one's the shorter "L" end is very long because it has three holes on it.
I can put in but can not rotate.
Maybe I need to try to connect the end link and push method.

BTW, did you changed factory endlink or not ?

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
175 Posts
Now, I am running my car without any RSB (very strange feeling actually it not bad thought).
Thanks
I hope you driving around without a RSB for a while didn't change how your new RSB fits.

Anyways, I installed a 20mm whiteline RSB (not 22mm) just fine.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
72 Posts
took me about 20mins to install my 19mm sti rear sway bar. got it upside down at the first time. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts