2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so this weekend i finally installed

Group-N engine mounts, pitch stop, trans mount
KB trans x-member bushings, rear diff outrigger bushings
WL steering rack bushings
Torque Solutions driveshaft bushings

everything is in good and working order.. nothing loose.. no leaks (i think) but i hear my "intake-sucking-in-air" A LOT more.. is this normal? im gonna double check i dont have leaks but, i wanna see if these mounts brought that "intake-sucking-in-air" sound out more for anyone else..

i DO have an APS 65mm CAI and STi TMIC... so, im used to those sounds but its much more louder and with the windows down.. i can hear it on the driver's side now..

car drive's fine.. no change in gas mileage (i think) n boost still holds fine

i'm aware that all these mounts make everything in the drivetrain n engine louder (which they DEF do... but i like it :biggrin:).. but i didnt think it would make the "intake-sucking-in-air" sound way more louder.. not that it bothers me.. just wanna make sure this is normal

any suggestions? thanks

BTW.. did all these mounts + WL 24mm/22mm (F/R) sway bars too
car.. is... freakin.. amazing right now

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heightened sense of awareness....
nawwww... cause i never heard the intake sound on the driver side.. i mean you can.. but you can tell its comin from the passenger side (where the intake is).. but now, i can DEF hear it on the driver side.. like the sound is actually comin from there.. so, i know im not just bein paranoid n hearin things..

but i guess if thats your answer then its not normal..

gonna check for leaks later..

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
It'll increase the amount of noise... but I'd still make sure you don't have any leaks.
I assumed the noise in mine was from all the new mounts and such (I have all the same ones you have) but it ended up being a torn turbo inlet making all the noise... its a lot quieter now, though there is still a lot of intake noise.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i just did the groupn tranny mount, and i dont have any intake noises but you can def hear more noise while decellerating! nothing bad though..

i agree w/ every1 else, prolly a leak or something intake tract related!

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Are you sure it's the intake? Did you do them all at the same time? Those are a lot of bushing to do at once and will cause a VERY noticeable increase in noise; especially that pitch mount.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok gonna check into that... anyone here got the KB outrigger diff bushings? i got the race version.. i think i need the comfort cause the sound from the rear diff at high speeds is annoying..

feels beautiful tho.. def transformed the car.. gotta get used to it again.. i think i got used to the slop haha

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure it's the intake? Did you do them all at the same time? Those are a lot of bushing to do at once and will cause a VERY noticeable increase in noise; especially that pitch mount.
i denno if its the intake or just the engine or intercooler makin the sound more pronounced from all the hardened bushings..

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
ok gonna check into that... anyone here got the KB outrigger diff bushings? i got the race version.. i think i need the comfort cause the sound from the rear diff at high speeds is annoying..

feels beautiful tho.. def transformed the car.. gotta get used to it again.. i think i got used to the slop haha
I've got the comforts... no complaints

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts

the race versions def increase noise! but i agree the compromises are worth it. every little bit helps the sloppy handling of the forester!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes it does.. and good looks on the swaybar recommendations.. the 24/22 (f/r) combo is more than i expected.. in a really good way.. car handles EXACTLY as i wanted it..

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wooow leaks galore!! installed a WL front strut tower bar n to check for leaks.. and bam.. elbow from TMIC to turbo wasnt fully on the bottom of the turbo part n the throttle body coupler looked like it was comin off the throttle body.. also the BPV hose looked like it was a bit loose on the end under the intake manifold.. DAM!!

lesson here?.. dont let ur friends who dont work on subies put the intercooler back on.. especially when it has silicone hoses on it :icon_rolleyes:

and the whole "i think i need to get used to the car again" thing?... maaaaan... she drives just like she did but waaayyy better from all the mounts n bushings.. n plus i dont hear any intake sounds on the driver side.. :Banane35:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts