Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

The question stated above is kind of important to me. I wanted to know if the plastic clear lensed lamps fit the older SF model.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I believe they are different. The corner lights are the same, but the bumper, grille, hood, and headlights are not.

I'm not 100% on that, but I don't think they are.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
BAC is right. They bolt up but for everything to fit right you have to change the grille and hood to 98-00 as well. Technically, the lower mounting point of the corner light is different as well but you can make it work if you want to.

<--switched his 02 to 98-00 front end

·
Registered
2002 Forester
2 Posts
HI,
Sorry to bump into old stuff, but i would like to know if its posible to use 98-00 corner light on a 02? I would be keeping the 02 headlight.

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
the corner lights are the same... as mentioned above.
Not 100% true.
They will work but the bottom mounting tab won't attach to the headlight correctly. That being said, I have run the 98-00 corner lights on my old 01-02 headlights and they didn't fall off or anything, the bottom just has some wiggle to it.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Not 100% true.
They will work but the bottom mounting tab won't attach to the headlight correctly. That being said, I have run the 98-00 corner lights on my old 01-02 headlights and they didn't fall off or anything, the bottom just has some wiggle to it.
I was merely regurgitating what Phil had said earlier in the thread... I will clarify my post so it doesn't mislead anybody though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts