Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if i'm just dumb
but i was trying to find a how to for taking the amber lenses out of us corners lights
and couldn't find one
don't know if i was searchin for the wrong thing or what
but any help is appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS 5mt
540 Posts
Year/chassis code would be helpful information to give people when asking for advice. I'd try searching as it's been touched on previously.

-Brian

·
Registered
1999 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that was what the signature was for?

it's a '99 L

·
Registered
2019 canadian convenience
260 Posts
UGC to the rescue :lol:

I did the corners on my SF. Quite easy. Same procedure as the ones from a GC, so search on rs25.com or scoobymods to find the DIY tutorial. One difference is that ours have 1 or 2 tiny Philips screws that you have to remove first before pulling them apart. Just make sure to put back some glue/urethane when putting them back together also. I didn't, and one collect humidity because it's not sealed right. As for the headlights, I'M planning on doing them this spring. I'M trying to source a used set to do it, jsut in case something break.
the link up is also very good (with my car dirty like usual!) to see the final product, as my fotki:
Black corners album | Math | Fotki.com
Try to use either matte black of satin (mine were in satin black, Krylon Fusion paint), not gloss black.
Don't hesitate to ask questions!

·
Registered
1999 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow ugc those look sweeeet

i tried to bake mine the other day to get them apart
and they didn't want to come

whats the easiest way to get them apart?
how'd you do it?

again
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2019 canadian convenience
260 Posts
the first time I used a heat gun, but the heat transfer was not good and I ended up "bending" one plastic glass. The second on was baked in the oven. Like i said, find the DIY for the GC ones (either on northursulia or scoobymods). But don't forget to remove the tiny screws first!

·
Registered
1999 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well
i got em
what a pain in the donkey that was
they turned out alright
i cracked both of them taking them apart
but i super glued back together and you hardly tell

thanks again for the links/help ugc