Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 Sti
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctantly I may have to fit a tow bar to my '07 Forester Sti - can anyone recommend a neat model, ideally with removeable swan neck so there's nothing much on show when not in use? I'm partcularly keen not to have to modify the rear bumper/valence. Pics would be appreciated

Had a similar thing on my classic Impreza and I'm sure over the years the rear springs sagged under the weight of the brackets!
thanks
Simon

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the standard Subaru Detachable tow bar, no mods were needed for the FSTi and was about £275 fitted with electrics.

Mog

·
Registered
2005 FSTI 'The Limo' Manual
420 Posts
I wasn't willing to shell out for the genuine subaru unit but instead bought a thule detachable for my XT and Im very impressed with the quality. The swan neck has a key lock to secure in place - something the cheaper witter/brink units didn't look to have. I had to wait a few weeks for it though as there were none in stock in this country at the time. Think it was around the £200 mark?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got one sitting on the floor ready to fit when I have time. I've looked but can't find any pre-wired connector in the loom. Someone kindly posted up a diagram but our STi doesn't appear to have the connector at all. Has anyone else with an STi (ours is an '05) wired in a lightboard plug; and if so, did you find a connector or did you splice into the wires.

Regards

Obi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts