Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my front and rear rotors and pads. All seems well after 500 miles or so but I noticed that my front passenger side rotor is a little discolored. There are some darkish, bluish streaks that don't take up the whole contact area of the pad. What's going on here? Will this get worse if I don't do something?

Here are pics of each of the front rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
I recently replaced my front and rear rotors and pads. All seems well after 500 miles or so but I noticed that my front passenger side rotor is a little discolored. There are some darkish, bluish streaks that don't take up the whole contact area of the pad. What's going on here? Will this get worse if I don't do something?

Here are pics of each of the front rotors.
It almost looks as if the metal has discolored from heating. Maybe the pads were a little tight at first/now?

·
Registered
1998 Forester Limited Five speed manual
95 Posts
I put ceramic pads + slotted & dimpled rotors on at the same time, had the same colouring happen. It is from heat but it should go away eventually. Nothing too worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts