Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1988 BMW 535is
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to do this? That little noise is annoying as hell. I don't ever forget to buckle up, never have and never will...but I do think I should be able to start my car without the chime going off after like 3 seconds!!!!

Or when my car is running and I jump out for a sec...my poor passengers waiting have to suffer. Why doesn't this chime go off with the car in motion (like most other cars) ???

·
Registered
2007 2.5XS Premium
30 Posts
Within 30 secs of ignition, clip/unclip seatbelt 20 times. You must be quick to do this. This is what I did on my 07 and it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've heard of this fix also on other boards, so I think it's real.

Others say it is tricky to get, but it does stay fixed unless you remove power by disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Despite sounding hokey, this does work...and it's permanent(not sure if disconnecting the battery resets this or not). I did it several months ago, and let me just say, silence really is golden!

It did take me 3 tried to get the thing buckled and unbuckled that quickly, darn big hands, but it worked after the 3rd try.

Jesse

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
07 Seatbelt chime

Ok So I've had my 07 for a few weeks now and the seatbelt chime was ok at first reminded me to put my seatbelt on. My complaint is, this thing beeps even when the car is in park, if i turn it on and don't put my seatbelt on within say 30 seconds it begins to beep. Also if im in my parking lot at school with the car on and my seatbelt off it beeps, also if i'm picking my friend up and waiting in his driveway and i take my seatbelt off for a min it beeps. This is just about the worst thing that Subaru could have put into this car. Is there any way for me to turn the seatbelt beep and light off, like clip a wire that i can later reattach? or a switch to turn it off?, any ideas please let me know!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
841 Posts
Work like a CHIME, it did took me 3x:chair: . First I wait for the chime to stop and start clicking:icon_wink:
I have a 2007 Fosty:icon_wink:
Thank you, thank you & thank you! I though I had to live with that:shrug:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.