Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited by Moderator)
Hahahahaha. I was waiting for someone to notice that. :cool: I've been a die hard fan for as long as I can remember. I've seen them eight times in my life. Mad props for playing Slayer covers in a band!!!!

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
SOLVED THE BLOWER FAN ISSUE!!! Turns out, I can't plug things back in properly. I guess in my haste to get everything back together after replacing the HVAC lights, I didn't click the smaller harness all the way back in to the HVAC control unit. When I went to remove the center console and control unit, the harness popped right out as I pulled the console forward. Plugged it back in and made sure it clicked, and the blower fan functions properly again.

I had a feeling something like this may have been the issue, because the blower fan worked fine before I pulled the control unit, and I didn't find any burnt wiring, dead fuses, dead relays or the like. I did however get no voltage to the fan harness on any setting when I was trouble shooting today, which either meant something wasn't properly connected, or the switch in the control unit had died (and I had another control unit now just in case).

Glad it was something simple.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally got around to replacing the accessory switch lights for red LEDs yesterday. I know, probably the easiest of tasks to complete, but I did run into the usual hiccups along the way. As usual, these twist lock NEO3 bulbs are polarity sensitive. They weren't the easiest to get into the bulb opening either and required some bulb contortion to get them to pop into the opening. Once in, I brought them out to the car to test. I also brought some o-ring picks to help remove the bulbs that weren't inserted the right direction. They came in handy, as two bulbs didn't light (cruise and fog light), so I popped them out just enough to turn with the pick, got them turned around, tested again, and we now have all switches lighting red.

These NEO3 bulbs were a great direct swap. Even if you don't wish to change color, these are a great replacement, and are extremely bright and perform as advertised.

I will definitely be going back to www.superbrightleds.com for more of what I need.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Forgot to post this pick of my new plates.

I was the blessed recepient of both a kidney and pancreas transplant back on August 25, 2019. I had been on dialysis for almost a year and my health was continuing to fail no matter what I did, but somehow the universe aligned everything and I got that phone call I thought would never come one Saturday afternoon.

Six months later and my kidney functions perfect and I have no longer been insulin dependent (I had been Type 1 diabetic for 37 years). Yes, I have to take a ton of pills every day to prevent rejection, but compared to what I was having to go through before I really can't complain.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Man, Type 1 will destroy your body in the long run. I knew I was in for something years back, but I had no idea it would ever be like this. I'm so thankful that medicine and care has improved so much through the last 40 years.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
36 Posts
I like the STUFF box! Right now I have several boxes floating around with small items that could all fit in one of those. Was planning a Harbor Freight trip this weekend a parts box is on the list now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts