Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does our Forester's rear window get dirty really fast in wet weather? Been driving a lot this winter and have been noticing that as soon as I pull out of the gas station with a freshly cleaned rear window, it's dirty again! I mean after driving a couple blocks I can no longer see out of my rear window any more! I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I need to fill up every 200 miles(16mpg)! Anybody else notice this? I have the stock mud flaps/splash guards, do yall think that some Rally Armour guards will help?

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
942 Posts
Don't even start with me, is always dirty, I wash it in the morning and is dirty withing few hours lol my front is way cleaner and I don't spray it lol

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
from what I understand if you add the rear spoiler it should stay clean a little longer, might be an excuse to get the spoiler (for safety reasons of course)

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
rear window issue

i just picked up a 2000 L on monday and it is super cold here.

I think the line to my rear wiper is frozen because it is starting to leak out onto my cargo cover in back. nothing come sout.

also, was there a spoiler available for the 2000? If so is installation hard?

I had one on my 2000 OBL and the window usually stayed pretty clean.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
711 Posts
from what I understand if you add the rear spoiler it should stay clean a little longer, might be an excuse to get the spoiler (for safety reasons of course)
Goooood. I tried selling the idea of a 3/4" drop to my girl....she didn't understand that it would not be that low and it would still be higher than stock cars. Too many things to buy for this ride.

Does the dust deflector do more good (clean window wise) than the spoiler?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,956 Posts
I have a rear dust deflector on the '03 & it does a very good job of keeping dust & rain off the rear glass. I seldom need to use the rear wiper when it rains & the glass stays as clean as the other glass on the Forester. On the '07 I went for a rear spoiler, more for looks than functionality. It does channel some air over the glass, but not as much as the rear dust deflector. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,503 Posts
A combination of Aquapel and a rear spoiler helps keep my rear window relatively clean.

My car did not come with a spoiler and now that I have one I can say that it does help keep the rear slightly cleaner. You can see water being forced downward by airflow when you're at speed. The deflector is specifically designed for this purpose so it probably works better, but the spoiler is better aesthetically (IMO).

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
My spoiler made it better than sans-spoiler... but that's why I've got a whole pile of new wiper inserts for the rear wiper stashed in my cargo area. I use that wiper a lot... to the point where it has gotten a mind of it's own and does whatever it feels like sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,956 Posts
what is the rear dust deflector? is it a stick on piece? do I get it from the dealer?
They bolt on. I installed one on my '03 & it was a PIA. A spoiler is much easier to install. :wink: I did a quick search & I couldn't find a rear window dust deflector for your '00 Forester. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
A combination of Aquapel and a rear spoiler helps keep my rear window relatively clean.
That is what I do and the water, dirty or not, rolls right off. I must say though that I am not dealing with the snow/dirt covered roads some of you are experiencing. I left NY many years ago specifically because I did not want to be driving a dirty vehicle. :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
My spoiler made it better than sans-spoiler... but that's why I've got a whole pile of new wiper inserts for the rear wiper stashed in my cargo area. I use that wiper a lot... to the point where it has gotten a mind of it's own and does whatever it feels like sometimes.
I forgot to add that I have the Rally Armor UR's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts