Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,746 Posts
My SL1s made it through New Hampshire inspection last week.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,746 Posts
Though next year I just might swap in a pair of stock incandescents for the occasion.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
636 Posts
Hmmm ... wonder why the DOT is changing this process...? While there are hundreds of manufacturers out there that sell any and all types of LED bulbs here in the US, what is the issue with the @Diode Dynamic bulbs (and others that are similar in design) that are created to work with existing reflective structure to output the light correctly?

Or is this just the incandescent industry flexing muscles to stop the sale of bulbs that are usually better and far longer lasting than their stuff...?
It's sad when progress is hindered by antiquated rules. Isn't there a push to bring back high-powered household incandescent bulbs as well, because LED ones can infect you with microchips or something? I guess that's different though -- things being pushed by people who don't understand, instead of antiquated rules.

It sounds like even if existing LEDs were modified to comply with the rules, they wouldn't be allowed. Bzzzzzt! That's the wrong way to go.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
636 Posts
Some statistics for the red-turn-signal and anti-LED people.

Can we lump red-turn-signal people with anti-LED people? Maybe.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts