admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
Placed my order.:grin2:

·
admin
7,254 Posts
Believe it or not. Order arrived on the 3rd and the upgrades have been installed. :thumbsup:

Reactions: HeyChris

·
admin
7,254 Posts
I couldn't be happier. The bulbs are very nice improvement. I now wish I had ordered turn signal bulbs and resistor kits. Next time.

·
Super Moderator
2018 X3 M40i / 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
1,618 Posts
Do you guys have an SL1 option for the H1 housing for 06-08 Foresters? The space behind the H1 connector bulb seems kind of tight, not sure if there's anything that would realistically work.

·
Vendor
2017 Camaro SS 6spd Manual
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Do you guys have an SL1 option for the H1 housing for 06-08 Foresters? The space behind the H1 connector bulb seems kind of tight, not sure if there's anything that would realistically work.
Great question!

Not at the moment, but I know our engineering team is working hard on new size options. If/when there is an H1-solution, I'll be posting across all the Subaru forums immediately.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Vendor
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

How are headlight output patterns measured at the factory level? How do you test to see if a headlight is meeting SAE and DOT beam pattern requirements? Here at Diode Dynamics, we've invested in a goniometer to accurately measure and map the entire beam pattern and ensure our products are adding light output without adding extra glare.

Check out the video to see how it works!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Vendor
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

We're proud to be one of the only manufacturers of LED headlight bulbs in the U.S.A! By engineering, testing, and manufacturing our SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs at our headquarters in St. Louis, we're able to ensure maximum quality and performance. Check out how they are made in the video above!

And be sure to shoot us a PM for FREE USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
1,027 Posts
Low-beams:
I have the SL-1 in my '15 Legacy and like it a lot. Contrary to the purported increase in output from the new lights, I don't find them to be any brighter than stock, just whiter.

High-beams:
I considered SL-1s for the high-beams, but I don't believe they're as bright as the current high beams. I honestly don't care much for whether the light is more amber, since I don't use my high-beams very often; besides, my only desire for high-beams is that they're as bright as can be and have a great beam pattern. I'll likely consider an HIR replacement, if available (I believe there is an option).

Fog-lights:
These ARE noticeably brighter than stock, filling in the road side-markers much better during bad weather!

End Note: I have not been flashed by anyone for too-bright low-beams. In fact, I find that the amount of squirrel-finder light appears to be about the same as stock, maybe due to the orientation of the LEDs compared to OEM filament. I've actually driven in front of the Legacy and the light output/beam-pattern seems normal.

//

We've got HIDs in our '14 FXT, so no need there. I just thought I would share my experience with Diode Dynamics' lights. However, we do have their fogs, which, as with the Legacy, are a very noticeably improvement!

//

Other:
All interior lights and reverse lights have been replaced with the brightest options from DD. Awesome, is all I can say. The reverse light, contrary to my fears, isn't blinding or like the equivalent of a reverse head-light. So, while it won't light up behind you like head-light, it will help and, more importantly, WILL MAKE YOU MORE VISIBLE WHILE BACKING UP, which was my main purpose for buying these.

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Lol,

Don't tempt me Jake... Although I'm fairly certain if my wife found out I ordered the SAE White Pro Round LED Pods she'd make sure Krampus gave me a visit. :LOL:

C.

Haha, if it's any help, we can set you up with free shipping on any U.S-bound order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Hey Jake,

I didn't see mounting instructions specifically for the round pods... Only the standard with the bracket.

In the video, it had an WRX as one of the examples. How was mounted? Any adjustability on aiming?

@ 4:21 mark...

21 - 40 of 64 Posts