Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Sorta Frush Forester 4EAT
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start this off my name is Dillon, i live in West Jordan Utah (SLC Suburb).
Enough about me and on to my car! It is aptly named "Forest" since he is kinda slow :lol:

As with most Subaru owners theres quite a little story behind our cars and im no exception! :banana: So i started looking for my first car last summer. at first i was looking at older 2.5rs imprezas thinking thats the only thing i wanted. but one day my mom told me she found an 01 forester for a ridiculous good price and that i should get it. at first i didnt exactly take to the idea of having a wagon let alone a forester, but the deal was good. an 01 with what i assume is limited trim the only option the car didnt have was a sun roof! the price was $3,500 157,xxxmiles new summer tires, winter tires, full 12 year service history every single oil change part replacement and detail service on record! to top it all off it was driven 3 times a week and graged parked at the ladys work and home! now the lady that owned this car was quite the charecter if i do say so! while i was test driving the car she was giving me an earful on how much she enjoyed the car and all the things she had done with it taking it on trips and such always taking care! she had me sold on it!so i ended up giving her 3,300 cash on the spot! i had been saving formy first car with all my birthday money and such since i was 10! overall great purchase! never looking back on it i love my Foz!

As soon as i got the car my mind was set to make the car my own! my first goal in mind was obtaining that signature boxer rumble! (yet to do lol) all ive done really is visual modding. but as im saving more and more for mods :woohoo: But ill try and keep my journal organized and up to date as much as possible:Banane37:

How it sits currently
[/url]
nsteez by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mods List-

JDM Goodies
- 01-02 JDM kouki front lip 2 piece

Asthetics
-JDM fanatic vinyls yellow foglight tint
-Custom Mesh grille
-Red Tail lights with VHT nightshade-Re Done 7-2-13
-Blacked out Subaru on the hatch
-Subaru badge of ownership
-Stickers (+25 whp)
-Rolled fenders
-Window Tint legal limit up front 35% and 20% rears

Interior Bits
-Graffiti duck tape on center console
-STi racing Harness
-2004 WRX heated front seats
-2004 WRX wagon rear seats
-NRG flat black short hub
-NRG flat back v2.5 quick release
-NRG Deep Dish Black wheel
Engine/Exhaust
-Borla UEL's
-Borla HFC
-XT mid pipe with cherry bomb(Old set up)
-Blast pipe axleback (Old set up)
-Bosozoku Pipes
-Borla Round Muffler $$$
-Hybrid Intake
-Kart Boy 15mm exhaust hangers

Suspension
-07 WRX Struts
-Eibach Springs

Wheels/Tires
-245-40-18
-Enkei RPF-1 18x8 +35 offset

Instagram
[email protected]
[email protected]_Stanced_Subies

-Pics
[/url]
Forester CB by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
outlook 2 by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
Perky by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
RSD FOZ by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
sexiness by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSCN2865 by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
A1 edit by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC00104 edit by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC00136 by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
wagons by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC00375 by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC00367 by DillChill_36, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My future plans for my SF
-17x9 Enkei RPF-1 with 245-45-17s
-UEL Ebay Replicas (Done)
-JDM style blast pipes (custom)
-Raceland Forester Coilovers (testing) (Forester specific)
-window tint (Done)
-Fog light vinyl overlays-jdmfanaticvinyls.com DONE
-DIY home depot lip (JDM Lip'd)
-wrx rear sway bar
-whiteline sway bar endlinks
-STI seat swap 2004 WRX seats
-Subframe lockdown bolts
-GC Front strut tower brace
-GD Rear strut tower brace

Sound Clip of the straight pipe
and more as i go along, sucks being a high school student on a budget haha

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! really admire your build hope everything turns out ok :/
Currently work at a body shop as my first job and that helps support this mod bug ive acquired :biggrin::woohoo:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Probably should explain a little bit who i am :raspberry:
Im Dillon, junior in highschool and currently working at a body shop. i prep for paint, detail cars and i am learning to spray :woohoo:
bought my foz for 3500$ here in utah with 158k currently at 166k love the car so far! nothing but great here in the utah snow! just cant wait for my budget to widen a little to start spending!:mob:

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XS 5MT
69 Posts
Welcome bro! Got any more pics of how the wheels look? I want to do a STi or WRX seat swap also, but damn they are expensive!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome bro! Got any more pics of how the wheels look? I want to do a STi or WRX seat swap also, but damn they are expensive!!
Yah man i have some pics! ill post em up when i get off work today.
yah ive just been asking friends that have wrx's and sti's and i just keep looking but soo damn pricey :mad:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I can get my hands on an 05 sti catback for 30$ but the mid pipe and axle back are seized together will this be a big problem? I know I'm going to rotate the flanges just not sure if that will pose as a big issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ImageUploadedByAG Free1359776036.496839.jpg plasti dipped stock rims IMO I don't like em too much but I'm not gonna strip it till winter is over ImageUploadedByAG Free1359776225.674647.jpg plasti dipped the terrible stock Chrome grille and polished it ImageUploadedByAG Free1359776356.104201.jpg Flapatax mudflaps SF forester specific for 45$! Great flaps stronger that RA's but not urethane they are solid but the look and work great highly suggest them they located in Utah the man running it micheal was great awesome car and flaps

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys does anyone know how to give a 4eat trans a tune up or how to fix these little shift jolts I've been getting lately. The jolts aren't bad but I'd like it to shift smoother is all

·
Registered
2006 FXT 6MT
2,669 Posts
Well I can get my hands on an 05 sti catback for 30$ but the mid pipe and axle back are seized together will this be a big problem? I know I'm going to rotate the flanges just not sure if that will pose as a big issue

Perrrrrfect. I got my STi catback for $40 and a sixxer. Jump on it and spend $50 to have an exhaust shop hang it for ya. Pick up some XL Kartboy hangers to do it right too.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys just tinted my fog lights yellow last night with tint from jdmfanaticvinyls.com it was like 7 bucks and it was a whole square foot good enough to do 4 fog lights so i have leftovers for the price it was great!

1 - 20 of 947 Posts