Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this car a little over a year. '11 Forester Limited. Our First (and LAST) Subaru. Cam Carrier leaks, Head Gasket leaks, Drive Shaft Bearing wear, and now shifting problems AGAIN caused by poor design. Corrosion in the shift cable linkage. I would expect such problems from a Chevy. Never knew Subaru's are apparently worse. The car has only 60k on it!!! I gotta say, all those people who "swear by their Subarus" remind me of Apple zombies. A good car shouldn't have so many common known issues caused by poor design. Apparently these cars had a recall already for a similar issue with corrosion in the brake lines. This is the same problem, only to the Shift Cable linkage. How do you put out cars like this??? No WONDER there's so many incentives on them. I can appreciate that Subaru of America has generally provided good response, though I didn't appreciate the dealer trying to upsell me on unnecessary repairs. I'm done with Subaru. All the Customer Service in the world doesn't mean much if your product is garbage

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
969 Posts
I don't really disagree about the high number of issues vs top Japanese brands. I've had 2 Subarus so far and I do very much like them for alot of reasons, but my other Japanese cars, including my current Mazda, have been better as far as 100% reliability or naggy type issue goes - and frankly i don't see hardly any of these types of posts for common issues on the forums over on the current gen Mazda forum.

My Subarus have both been better than any US designed car i've had for sure, and my 03X has been a real trooper at 200k+, but i've had to take care of alot with it, lots of it expected for a 200K mile car though. My daughter is driving that car now and it's doing great because she keeps topping off the oil like i have for 100k miles (HG repaired long ago). I trust the car not to leave her stranded - it never has me despite being over 100K since i bought it. That's pretty impressive to me but I know a honda, toyota, or more recent mazda would likely suffer less piddly issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts