Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she started making a slight bumping noise from the rear left. It became more persistent and began sounding more like a groaning or creaking. Seems to be more when I am turning at slow speeds or hit a bump at slow speeds. It never whines, and just yesterday when I stopped and then released the brakes it seemed to hold the rear end high and then settle back down a bit. From the bumping and groaning I thought it would be the differential. But from the holding high and release I'm thinking brakes. Help?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mmm. I took it into the shop and they put it on the lift and listened with a remote stethoscope. They said that it was most likely the differential. Then later in the day I had the car parked and I leaned against it and heard the same creak and groan. I'm thinking that they totally missed. It must be suspension or maybe swaybar bushings. That might explain why it holds high at a stop for a second before resting back to its normal seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mmm. I took it into the shop and they put it on the lift and listened with a remote stethoscope. They said that it was most likely the differential. Then later in the day I had the car parked and I leaned against it and heard the same creak and groan. I'm thinking that they totally missed. It must be suspension or maybe swaybar bushings. That might explain why it holds high at a stop for a second before resting back to its normal seat.
Sure sounds like squeeky swaybar mounts to me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts