Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told to replace 1 of my front tires of my ForesterX (2014). is there any difference between the Yokohoma Geolander G91 (came with the car) to G95 (that i want to replace 2 of my tires to)? both are 225/60R17 99V.
should that be OK to be with 2 G91 and 2 with G95 as it's a 4X4 car?

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Limit CVT
291 Posts
Think your going to get a lot of recommendations not to mix tires on the Subaru, as the awd system is apparently pretty sensitive. It's not just tire models you need to be concerned with, but that the amount of tread remaining is as close as possible on all tires. Think it's not supposed to be more than 2/32 difference.
If you can afford it, call around and find a discount tire that will give you some trade in money on your remaining tires and get a different/better set of tires.
Haven't heard much great about those oem g91s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Forester
19 Posts
Think your going to get a lot of recommendations not to mix tires on the Subaru, as the awd system is apparently pretty sensitive. It's not just tire models you need to be concerned with, but that the amount of tread remaining is as close as possible on all tires. Think it's not supposed to be more than 2/32 difference.
If you can afford it, call around and find a discount tire that will give you some trade in money on your remaining tires and get a different/better set of tires.
Haven't heard much great about those oem g91s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Orgwizard is correct, the difference in the size because of wear is a big deal and the difference in pattern could also be problematic.

To your question, the former is what came on my 2014 Corsstrek, the later is what came on my 2018 Forester. I have not had my Forester long enough to test the G95 - but I am not optimistic.

I replaced the G91 with GENERAL ALTIMAX RT43 at only 18K (soooo much better in rain/snow). The RT43 are well regarded in various publications and reviews (Consumer Reports, Tire Rack, etc) and the price hard to beat ( a lot less expensive than the Yokos). For about the price of three Yoko you can get four RT43. I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts