Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 X premium auto
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will eventually (maybe not this year, maybe not even in the next couple years) be buying a forester. I've been studying the subaru main site and built several different versions and it seems to me that I can option almost everything the highest end touring has in either the sport or premium.

I know I can't get leather seats in either of those trims, or the heated steering wheel but it looks like I can get all the other things as options and still have a lower price than the touring. I'm wondering if I'm missing something here?

I am really leaning toward the sport and getting all the extra options I'd want, I know some hate it but I really like the orange accents. Whatever I get I want all the safety options, the RAB or whatever it's called. I also want the Harmon/Kardon 8 inch upgrade.

Last question, are there any aftermarket leather seat covers currently available for the newest gen? Or, is the standard subaru leather nice enough that it's worth paying the extra money and just getting the touring?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
564 Posts
Power passenger seat
Dual climate control
One touch rear folding seats
Steering responsive headlights
Heated rear seats(?)
Memory seats and mirrors

We came from a '17 OB Touring. The big one was losing dual climate control. So far a non issue. We have the Sport and never looked back. The non leather portion of the Sport seat is very comfortable for us. Not missing leather at all.

·
Registered
2013 X premium auto
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, most of those I don't care about but I missed the climate control versions and also missed seeing the steering response lights. I'm glad to hear that you don't miss the leather.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
788 Posts
@kingston73
Aftermarket leather is usually better quality than factory and it seems logical solution to get it on lower trim to avoid all the unnecessary upgrades on Limited/Touring. I was about to do the same thing with 2015 XT Premium + aftermarket leather but I changed my mind when I realized how many safety sensors are located in seats. I know certified shops do that every day but it didn't sound right to me to temper with it on brand new vehicle...

·
Registered
2013 X premium auto
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's also a good point I didn't think about, there are a lot of safety related things with the seats I wouldn't want to mess with.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nothing to worry about. We wanted a manual Legacy, so we bought a Premium added Katzkin Leather for $1000. It's going to be 8 years now and the leather still looks great.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
14 Posts
If you go for the Premium you'll lose paddle shifters. That's only available on Sport or Touring.

Also I might be crazy but I don't think Sport has C shape DRLs?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
564 Posts
Correct on both. I can't believe I forgot paddle shifters. That is the singular option that pushed me to the Sport instead of the Limited.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
14 Posts
Wow I really thought I was going crazy about the C lights. This is for real? Which trim gets the C lights?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts