Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Deisel XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just joined so be nice. ( I posted this in another forum too sorry, I'm new to all this)

I ordered a Diesel Forester bout 2 months ago and it should be here in about a month. Cant wait.

I have the price for it. Newport Blue, Premium model and manual of course. $44218 drive away. No sat nav or reverse camera. They say it cant be factory fitted in the diesel (dealer couldn't explain) but can be fitted at dealer. The dealer is looking at fitting a Pioneer model (camera included also) which I can load music and different files onto its hard drive, so that'll be even better than the standard one. I hope to drive away with sat nav fitted for $45k.

Anyway, alot info for one post so let me know how everyone else is getting on with your diesel orders. I cannot wait to get it. Never had a Subaru before or turbo or diesel.

·
Registered
99 Impreza
38 Posts
thanks for the info. looking forward to hearing how the diesel drives compared to the petrol.

funnily enought, I have read reviews for the outback and they say the diesel drives similar to a petrol!

·
Registered
2010 Deisel XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I test drove the petrol forester and the diesel outback. They were similar, but the diesel is a little bit noisier which i think is to be expected. I think the forester diesel will be quieter still.

·
Registered
2002 Forester XS
57 Posts
Hi scorcher - Do you know if your premium model has xenon HID headlights?

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with the Pioneer as well - they are nice units.

·
Registered
2010 Deisel XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The dealer didn't say but i think it does. On the NZ and UK premium models it does. I'll ask him and post the answer. Also heated seats might come with it, although maybe its only on the European models because of the cold temps. I want them. One more thing, I think I remember wood grain inlays in the dash in XS and/or XT Premium models. Is that correct? If so, they'll be in the diesel too but we'll be getting them replaced if that's the case. On that point. I haven't seen any pics of the wood grain on the net, only at the dealer and only on the petrol.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
15 Posts
Congrats on your order and welcome to the forum...I'm fairly new here as well. My wife and I purchased our Forester at the end of March and I really wanted to wait and see the diesels but we couldn't wait that long. I am also looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new diesels.

·
Registered
2002 Forester XS
57 Posts
I think I remember wood grain inlays in the dash in XS and/or XT Premium models. Is that correct? If so, they'll be in the diesel too but we'll be getting them replaced if that's the case. On that point. I haven't seen any pics of the wood grain on the net, only at the dealer and only on the petrol.
I believe the X, XT and XT Premium have silver inlays while the XS and XS Premium have wood-look ones. I'm not a fan of the wood ones either. If your car turns up with wood ones, maybe the dealer can swap in some silver ones for you.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
252 Posts
The dealer didn't say but i think it does. On the NZ and UK premium models it does. I'll ask him and post the answer. Also heated seats might come with it, although maybe its only on the European models because of the cold temps. I want them. One more thing, I think I remember wood grain inlays in the dash in XS and/or XT Premium models. Is that correct? If so, they'll be in the diesel too but we'll be getting them replaced if that's the case. On that point. I haven't seen any pics of the wood grain on the net, only at the dealer and only on the petrol.
NZ/AU get the Euro Spec, so yes it should have heated front seats.

·
Registered
99 Impreza
38 Posts
What is the release date for the diesel forester in Aus?

So is there an official date set? best i've heard is "sometime early June"

·
Registered
2010 Deisel XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just returned from the dealer after working on the final price...
Diesel Forester Premium model, rear step panel, Pioneer AVIC FB20 with Reverse Camera, Leather Protector, Tinted Windows, Paint Protector, and all on roads for $48350.

I feel like I got a good deal. The sat nav unit is worth about $4k and the tints and protections about $1500. Let me know if you think I got ripped off or if you think its a good price.

The dealer principal said the cars are expected late June, but the salesman told us July 3rd. Either way, its along way off and I cant wait.

·
Registered
My10 Forester Diesel
245 Posts
I just cant's see the worth of $4000 sat nav when you can but one for $200. OK they are integrated but still... This is not just a Subaru thing all makes charge top dollar to toys. Think of the price for bluetooth hands free.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts