Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the past 8 months driving on PrimeWell all-season Chinese tires, they came with the car and I figured I would just drive them until failure and then replace. Stock 215/60R16 size. Finally had a large puncture this weekend then drove on the flat for 5 miles, so time to replace. Costco has $70 rebate on Bridgestone (made in Thailand), and they had the Turanza Serenity Plus in stock. WOW, its like having a new car! No more awful road noise, I expect fuel economy to improve a bit, now I can really hear the torn window gussets singing away ;-) The difference in ride quality is amazing. Moral of the story, if you're waiting to wear out some crappy PrimeWells, do yourself a favor and replace them sooner rather than later. Total cost with nitrogen fill, mount, balance, disposal was $572.96, $70 Bridgestone rebate expires Dec 29th.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
The Turanza Serenity Plus is a great tire. Though it's classified as a GT tire, reviews indicate it handles as well as many UHP A/S tires. We have a set on my wife's S40 Volvo in 205/50-17 and they ride smoothly, are quiet yet still have nice turn-in with very high levels of grip.

I've got the stock alloys/Nokians on my FXT right now, but need to get new 3-season rubber in the spring when the Tarmac ll wheels go back on (I've been running Yoko Advan S4s which are now toast). Based on the reviews and first-hand experience, the Turanza Serenity Plus in 235/50-17 remains on the short list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts