Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XT
33 Posts
Up at the top of Etiwanda. Nice! On your videos you should add an overlay with settings. Like: X-Mode On/Off. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
31 Posts
I think you did awesome considering you had stock tires vs his A/T tires! Some decent tires and a small lift and go at it again!
Agree with above, what did you set your X Mode to?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up at the top of Etiwanda. Nice! On your videos you should add an overlay with settings. Like: X-Mode On/Off. Stuff like that.
Lol yep. I see you are from around my way.
Yeah, I thought about the interior view with angles etc. after the fact.😒. Next time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you did awesome considering you had stock tires vs his A/T tires! Some decent tires and a small lift and go at it again!
Agree with above, what did you set your X Mode to?
Thanks. Yeah, it will definitely make a big difference with different tires and a lift. I’m lovin it. I started no mode, then switched to x-mode snow/dirt.

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
152 Posts
If I see you, I'll wave. I've seen a couple of Sports around Chino Hills. Maybe it's the Costco gas station? My daughter lives in Rancho so I get that way some.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I see you, I'll wave. I've seen a couple of Sports around Chino Hills. Maybe it's the Costco gas station? My daughter lives in Rancho so I get that way some.
I’m in Chino Hills every now and then. I’ll keep an eye out for the wave.😁

·
Registered
2020 Fozza Sport, 2019 Legacy Sport, 2017 Forester Premium, 2001 LX470 (100 Series Land Cruiser)
9 Posts
Nice vid. You still rocking it stock? I just picked up my 20 Sport a few weeks ago, love it so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my brother challenged me to an off-road battle. Of course I didn’t expect the Sport to keep up with the Jeep. But boy, was I surprised at how it performed. Check it out, and let me know what you think, and what I could have done differently.

I would have gunned it up the hill if I was running the OEM tires like you. Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail are nice tires you should check them out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice video. I used to off-road all the time with a lifted Toyota with 33"s back in the day. There's not really much more you can do with a stock Forester, that's not really an off-road vehicle, other that get more speed up them hill attempts. But than again why risk damage.

The jeep with a full frame and huge axle articulation will always be miles ahead against a car. Notice the jeep almost always has all 4 wheels on the ground. The jeep with 4 wheels on the ground could have run this terrain with your Forester stock tires easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts