Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Impreza RS 5 Speed
173 Posts
Had a great time at my first ever DGM. I really enjoyed trying to keep up with Tuned200 on the first lap and absolutely roasting my brand new brake pads. :lol:
Was that you up at the front of the pack on that run? I could smell you on the other side of the mountain :lol:

F

·
0 Posts
I was cruising easy like :grin2: I really wanted to gap you but traffic wouldn't allow it >:)

Now you know what you need for next year, BRAKES!!!

A 10 year old economy wagon versus a brand new STi...hmm I wonder who has the advantage. :biggrin:

My rear wheel bearings are calling it quits, so a rear disc swap is in progress. That, and something other than Costco special discount tires, are next. :lol:

Was that you up at the front of the pack on that run? I could smell you on the other side of the mountain :lol:

Yeah, that was me. :lol:

I tell ya what, the Dragon will teach you the limitations of you as a driver as well as the limitations of your car.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
A 10 year old economy wagon versus a brand new STi...hmm I wonder who has the advantage. :biggrin:

My rear wheel bearings are calling it quits, so a rear disc swap is in progress. That, and something other than Costco special discount tires, are next. :lol:

Yeah, that was me. :lol:

I tell ya what, the Dragon will teach you the limitations of you as a driver as well as the limitations of your car.

*WRX. No STI here. :grin2:

·
Registered
00/4 Forester S, X Auto, Auto
317 Posts
Great time for Janie & I. Thanks to Brian and the rest of the organizers along with the OUTSTANDING Vendors & Cherokee Bar & Grill for the food and hospitality! Of course we'll be at DGM17 and I hope more will attend!

·
Premium Member
99 Impreza RS 5 Speed
173 Posts
I just wish the weather had allowed me to make more hard runs.
When I finally got to open things up, I caught some hard-running locals... then it was 3pm so I figured it was wise to call it a day.
We did some good rain runs both Saturday and Sunday, Steve and i both just picked up RE-71's and this was our first outing on them and both of us agreed its the best tire we've used yet. They were absolutely fantastic in the rain, and when it dried up i got them up to temp and hammered the rest of the day. We tried finding a few people to do some harder runs, unsurprisingly we found that not many people did. Sunday however we did a few runs with some Miata guys from south Carolina that were cool, they were surprised how quick our cars were, i was surprised i could keep up with them :lol:

201 - 214 of 214 Posts