Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start a journal. Picked her up end of december with 147k on the motor extremely clean inside and out only oil leaks are one half moon on the valve cover and the oil pan. My goals for this are a streetable stage 3 including eventually going to E85.
Everything besides machine work will be done by me one borrowed garage at a time
Installed upgrades so far.

accessport v3 installed running on stage 1
turboxs forester specific axleback
Primitive solutions engine skidplate
02-03 hood scoop factory painted
general grabber at/2 tires on OEM 2003 outback wheels ( I swapped rims from my other subie to this)
DIY mesh grill
Switched over to Rotella T6
thule roof rack

Parts ready to be installed when it warms up

cobb catted down pipe
sti intercooler and all the fixings
subtle solutions splitter
sti take off catless uppipe
perrin silicon

Planned parts

Engine
VF39 or tdo4-19 turbo
255 lph fuel pump
wideband A/F
side to top feed conversion with 1000cc injectors.
Before I go to E85 a full engine rebuild will happen forged pistons will be the main upgrade on the short block.

Suspension/brakes

upgrade the swaybar in the rear
lower it a couple inches don't know the plan on this yet
4 pot upgrade
steering rack bushings.

Interior
sea scooby style sub install
7" tablet in place of the factory radio
3 gauge pillar pod
ashtray gauge pod
potentially integrate the accessport into the dash somehow.

Exterior
tint job
17 or 18 gold rims for the summer.
new headlights they are heat cracked

Items needing addressed
lots of shifter play while in gear bushings are shot
When I was looking at my shifter bushings i noticed a oil leak at the back of the trans where the shift lever goes in I don't know enough about these trannys to know what this entails.
I know the timing belt was done but cant find what all was replaced so i might do the belt and tensioners as a precaution.

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Seeing the size difference of the 2 scoops makes me wanna upgrade. You get the real deal or a replica?

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Looking good fellow Denverite!

FYI, you can get Rotella T6 gallons at Walmart for around $21.

The list of planned mods look pretty good, personally I don't think I could make the jump to E85 here. Pain in the cold and limited filling stations. I did recently ride in a corn-fed LGT that had ~400 awhp, that was incredibly fun!

I've got an extra 20mm STi rear sway bar if you're interested in picking something up local.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
18 Posts
Like it. Did some of the same things here in C. Springs! Plasti-dip rally stripes, and grill area. Hows the ride on/off road with the Grabbers? And what size?? 215/65R16? Looking to do the same. 011.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like it. Did some of the same things here in C. Springs! Plasti-dip rally stripes, and grill area. Hows the ride on/off road with the Grabbers? And what size?? 215/65R16? Looking to do the same. View attachment 141290
Ohh I like the lines on that
yup that is the size I have not off roaded in the fozz yet but I had them on my outback and had some fun one thing I did notice is I have to run a fairly high pressure compared to the outback to keep it from feeling squishy while driving right around 40 psi

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
I've got the same tires and love them. They handled the San Juan mountains with no problems. Looks really nice. If you ever need a place to turn a wrench let me know. I have a garage and love spending other people's money.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got the same tires and love them. They handled the San Juan mountains with no problems. Looks really nice. If you ever need a place to turn a wrench let me know. I have a garage and love spending other people's money.:biggrin:
Hmm might take you up on that I do most minor stuff at work ( diesel mechanic) but when I yank the motor out in the near future a garage will bad nice apartment living sucks.

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did you get the scoop from? And did you have to paint it or was it an oem part that just happened to match?
Bought it from a member here it is Oem and was already painted. Matches my hood perfectly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts