Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Desperately need a part number and/or picture!

('01-'02) 
932 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bflan2001 
#1 ·
I am having a really hard time trying to find a replacement central locking control module for my 2002 SF Forester. I need picture of the module so that I can identify it under the dash. I looked under there today and there are at least 5 modules stuffed in there. Only one is labeled as the cruise control module, the others have no visible labels or part numbers. A part number would be nice but a picture would be better, that way I can pull the one in my car and make sure I get the correct replacement.

#3 ·
That is a different module I believe. My car didn't come with a factory keyless entry, I need the regular central locking control module (the one that controls the door switches). Is it possible that these are the same module? Maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble finding it.

#4 ·
The locks are all controlled by a module under the dashboard right beneath your drivers side heat/ac vent. I don't have a part number or a picture unfortunately since I'm at work. But I can tell you that if you pull the panel under your steering wheel (with the OBDII plug, cruise, fog, etc switches on it), then you look above your fuse box you'll see it. It is literally the only plug both in front of and above the fuse box.

It's a black box with a white plug 8-10 pins I believe.

Yes all of the doors operate off the same module.

#6 ·
Just wanted to update this so when someone else runs into the same issue they have an answer. There is a 'door lock timer' module in all Subarus, but for models with a factory keyless entry installed the door lock timer module is REPLACED by the keyless entry module. So even if you're no longer using the old keyless entry, your door switches are still controlled through the keyless entry module. I found a working module at a junkyard and swapped it out.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.