Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The plan is to make my 2016 Premium 2.5i 6MT a somewhat desert-worthy traveler. I will share a few notes here to hopefully help anyone else who is looking to make mods for a similar reason:

Yesterday a 2" lift kit from Raceland went on the car. It was a pretty smooth process, biggest issue was the very first strut spacer did not line up quite right so had to drill out a hole just a touch and lost some time for sure. I was able to do the work without an impact gun, but I'm really sore today because it was a pretty physical job, but very much within the realm of anyone who is detail oriented and wanting to do the work themselves.

The biggest shock for me yesterday was finding out that my r15 wheels DO NOT fit over the front calipers. I spent months researching wheels and tires, checking forums, looking for deals only to be baffled when I went to mount the first new tire.

The offset on the wheel is +40mm. Just a heads up for anyone reading this as all the research I did made it seem like a 235/75 r15 tires were the biggest diameter and smallest wheel that could be mounted on a non-XT model - apparently not!

Of course I didn't take any pictures yesterday when installing the lift, but you didn't miss anything. The video on the Raceland website is great and what I used to go through the process step-by-step.

Future projects after include body armor, LED light bar, snorkel install and who knows after that!

·
Registered
2015 FXT Premium
4 Posts
Sorry, but that wall of text is hard to read. Maybe try to space organize it a bit and add pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts