Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Forester just about a month old. Unfortunately, there already dents (caused by people who park next to me and carelessly open their door :icon_mad:) and some sketch. I have ordered Body Side Molding, but I wonder if it's a good idea to get the dent fix before but the molding on? Thanks! :icon_cry:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,677 Posts
I'd have the repairs done first. It would be a shame to have to remove the trim when the repairs are done. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
If your dent is where your body side molding is supposed to go? If so, and the molding covers up the dent, then just slap the molding over the dent and call it a day.

·
Registered
2005 FXT
37 Posts
Don't be afraid of Paintless Dent Repair. I worked in insurance for several years & we used it for minor stuff. It's not Voodoo, it actually works. My advice: go to a brick & mortar store that does it. They offer a guarantee & you know a physical address to take it back to if you don;t like the results. There are numerous PDR places that are just a guy, his cell phone & tools. His warranty is worthless. As soon as he changes his phone number, you have no warranty. In the midwest, a few dings on the same door should cost you less then $80. A pair of doors with a few dings each: $120 max.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts