Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here and signed up when I ordered my XTP late last year, getting excited. But it seems I have a LOOOONG wait until it arrives.

The contract was signed on the 23rd Nov 2009, and delivery was expected around end of Feb 2010. Just before Christmas, I got a call from the dealer saying that its now going to be around the end of March!!!

That's a 4 month wait for a Newport Blue Auto XT P with the Grey interior.

Anyone else waiting or waited this long??

I just want my new Forester!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
Still waiting.

Hi all, I'm new here and signed up when I ordered my XTP late last year, getting excited. But it seems I have a LOOOONG wait until it arrives.

The contract was signed on the 23rd Nov 2009, and delivery was expected around end of Feb 2010. Just before Christmas, I got a call from the dealer saying that its now going to be around the end of March!!!

That's a 4 month wait for a Newport Blue Auto XT P with the Grey interior.

Anyone else waiting or waited this long??

I just want my new Forester!
I ordered a 2010 diesel Forester on the 20th of November and am still waiting also. It seems the wait is worldwide as I am from Finland. I'm guessing maybe in April I will receive delivery.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4 EAT
149 Posts
Don't give up hope!

I ordered my '10 X Ltd with Nav, on Oct. 28th '09. I took delivery Jan. 20th '10. It seemed like forever and even had doubts I would ever get it but trust me it was worth the wait.
When I pressed my salesman why the long wait he just srugged and said people who ordered their cars after mine got them within a month. No single explaination could be found.
Hang in there.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
34 Posts
I think part of it is to do with the light grey interior....it's not popular so they don't send out many from the factory. If you order one in a particular colour with options that are put in from the factory, then they'll build it specifically for you but you have to wait. You can always compromise to get a car faster, but then it won't be exactly what you want. So.....wait or get the car you really want?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today marks the four month anniversary from when I ordered the XT. STILL no exact delivery date, but it has to be getting close now. My gut feel feel is around the second week of April, as the Easter break will chew up a few days.
You are right about the light grey interior, as there were black ones available, but no grey. The salesman mentioned that they will have to build it for me.

So, I keep waiting!

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
11 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just joined up yesterday!!

I am ordering a 2010 xs prem, within the next two weeks i wasnt sure of the delivery time but from what you guys are saying looks like i have a long wait ahead :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2010 XS Premium
4 Posts
I believe their ships carrying cars from the factory only go out periodically, so if you miss a certain ship cutoff date when ordering your new car, you have to wait until the next shipment date (and thus the next delivery date to your dealership).

Thats a theory anyway. It was loosely explained to me by my dealer when enquiring about the delivery of my XSP

·
Registered
2004 MY04
33 Posts
I ordered my new car in Feb (2010 build date) and I have been driving it for a week now.

It helps that it was just a plain old X (not one of them cars with a letterbox) :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
talk about patience! kudos to all of u guys who order their cars and have to wait.

but how would u feel though if 2011 comes out and u guys still dont have ur 2010 foz??? it wouldn't be too bad if there was an option to re-order a 2011 but if none, i think i'd be kinda furious... but that's just me. :D

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
1 Posts
Mate, I've got some bad news for you. They sent your one to me here in Queensland, took delivery yesterday. Nice car, exactly as you and I both ordered, even though I ordered mine after you!

The good news is that mine is probably heading your way this week, and even better news is that it will have a January 2010 build date.

Actually, mine was ordered a couple of days after your one, so it is likely they were built and sent over together. I know mine was shipped to Sydney and fast tracked to Brisbane. Anyway, look forward to it, cheers, Rog

·
Registered
2010 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats not fair!
I would have thought if they were on the same boat, mine too would be here by now.

You know what they say ... "Good things come to those who wait..."

·
Registered
2010 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This morning, before 9am even, I got the call from the Dealer. ITS HERE!
It actually arrived just before Easter, but nothing happened during the holidays.

Delivery is down for Tuesday next week. (13th April). I guess a few days to organise the fitting of the tow bar, window tint etc, as well as pre-delivery and registration is fair enough.

So after waiting over 4 months, the last week is going to be very painful!

Stay posted...

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
15 Posts
Congratulations....and I agree that last week will be painful.

Some friends of mine ordered their XT Premium late Nov last year and took delivery last week. I bet your car and their car were on the same boat. I on the other hand bought mine off the lot (X with Columbia pack) last week. I do not have the patience you and my friends have.

I am also originally from the USA...the land of instant gratification!!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
34 Posts
Did you get your Columbia from Warwick or Wippells?
Did you manage to score the sat nav or bluetooth stuff that's included in the current freebies?

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
15 Posts
I got mine from Warwick. AFAIK the sat nav vehicles are a special build from Subaru and the current and previous Accessory Pack offer was not compatible with the Columbia pack. I thought the Columbia was good value so that is what the wife and I went for.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, after 4 months and 3 weeks after signing the contract, delivery is tomorrow at 4pm.

Now I'm excited!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts