Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife and I are just ordering a new XT forester and wondering how long of a delay people have experienced before theirs have arrived.

The sales guy said about a month max and that's ok but something closer to two weeks would be better.

We're ordering an auto with a tow pack - it might take longer with that I'm guessing.

Any advice or recapping of experience would be great.

Thanks.

RR.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi RR,
You'll get some great feedback here i'm sure.
Last year there were some really long delays.
Seem to remember a few people waiting 8 weeks or so.
It does of course depend on the paint and trim colour.
My uncle just ordered a Liberty and was given a date of only 3 weeks.
You may want to try locking the salesperson into a fixed time for delivery. If they are late, they may come good with an 'extra' or 2.
Good luck, it'll be worth the wait...

Justin.

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
I ordered an MY06 2006 plated XT back in late December.

Assuming it was out the factory early Jan and that I am picking it up tomorrow, about 7-8 weeks for me.

All depends on what you ordered (colour, specs) and if there happens to be stock in the country

Sometimes there are cancelled orders etc.

I am getting a black auto (non lux - hate leather)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I'm ordering a Black Lux beige interior with a tow pack.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for a sub 6 week delivery as I've got holidays just before Easter.

If everyone can cross their fingers for me too, it might help.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Good luck!

Seems the XT dont stick around long and most are ordered off the boat.

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Worth it when you get it - I'm a happy boy.

Still can't find the coin tray ....

·
Registered
177 Posts
RR,
Be prepared for frequent cleaning of your beige interior.
My driver seat gets grubby very quickly - not the fault of drive thru Macca's either!
Street soil and sweat marks will appear in the creases. I bought some cleaner by the recommendation of Kevin and it works well - McGuires i think. I'll post in a day or 2 with the name, it sure comes in handy.

With your tow pack you'll need the oil cooler (for auto)wont you? If it's the same as my MT, that's dealer fitted.
Mine was fitted on the 1st service. Check with your dealer re the prices, because i saved a little by not having it done pre delivery. It was going to put me into a different stamp duty bracket. Sorry i dont remember all of the details, but it was worth waiting (couple of hundred), since they advised me not to tow for 5000km anyway. The only major diff was that pre delivery accessories come with a longer warranty? Or somthing like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep an eye out for the name of your cleaner.

Yes we're getting the oil cooler kit too and we're salary sacrificing it anyway, the extra cost of getting it predelivery isn't really an issue.

So anyway, we dropped the paper work off this afternoon and it'll be ordered tomorrow.
It's already talking too long.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Success

Our Subaru guy found a match of a FXT Melbourne and it'll be here next week.
With a couple of days to install the tow pack, we've been given a delivery date of 15th March.

Less than 2 weeks, how cool is that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update, The Forester arrived in Canberra on Tuesday.

We needed to go and have a look today, they accidentally installed a rear rear step panel which is ok by me for a bit of a freebie - the whole car looks great.

It's getting registered and a detail tomorrow and we're set to pick it tomorrow afternoon.

All up 17 days from order day to delivery (if you don't include the 18 days or so for the quote and other messing around from leasing company).

Ok, this isn't a quick update, Photos in the next week.

I hadn't thought about the snow Kevin but it sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys,

We ordered our XS Luxury Manual early last week. Went through an online carbroker and initially were told the car was in stock.
'Minor' oversight in that neither party mentioned interior colour. Murphy's law struck and the car available was beige, and we want black (with Crystal Grey paint). There are only 2 of these in the country, both in Melbourne on car yards and probably plated 2005 (we wanted 2006 build plates).

Short story is we have ordered ours directly from Japan but have been told the wait is 12-16 weeks. I suspect this was the sales guy trying to offload the beige interior car, but we our cicumstances means we don't mind waiting luckily.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
I specifically wanted beige leather interior. Probably because I never had leather interior before and the last time I lusted for blue exterior/beige interior was in the late 80s and never reset my mind.

It may prove to be less practical, but it sure looks nice and hopefully won't get as hot on a sunny day. My Regal Blue is deep enough as it is to soak up the rays!

·
Registered
177 Posts
RR,
So, have you picked up the car yet?
You must have, cause i've seen no recent posts and you'll have been out behind the wheel!
I forgot about the name of that cleaner for you.
We just had a baby and i've neglected cleaning the interior - not enough time.
It's my day off tomorrow, hopefully i'll have time to dust off the cobwebs and check that name for you.

Justin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hi Justin,

Picked it up on the Friday before last and went for a big drive down the coast over the weekend.

I love the performance, it drives well with 2 cm of accelerator and it has so much in reserve.

I was going to post pictures but it’s dirty now and needs a clean, that’s why I haven’t posted sooner.

Whenever you find time for the name of that cleaner – I need to clean the outside first.

Cheers,

RR.

Edit - Pics as promised (2 weeks old and after first wash)
xt.jpg

xt-front.jpg

xt-scoop.jpg

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Nice work RR. Looks great (hey, aren't all black MY06 XT's)

Have you done something to the fog lights - they look dark.

Do they have film over them or something ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks terrific RR - there are a lot of "Team Black" out there... :Banane36: I come form the opposite end of the spectrum... :shock: For the techo heads out there, yes, I know that spectrum is not exactly the right word, but I have a simple mind fellas... :roll: I like them all.......

Regards
Ron...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts