Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Apologies if this is duplicated somewhere, I really did search just couldn't find what I was looking for. In fact the reason I have so few posts is because most of the questions I have are already answered somewhere on the forums :icon_confused:

I'm creating this thread with the hope that it will be a sticky and contain a list of definitions / acronyms relating to the exhaust and associated components, of the Foreseter. The reason for this is that I am in the position where my forester (after having the plastic under-guard ripped off in a flurry of over enthusiastic offroading) is begging to get 'modded' (read improved) - and so after reading here I realised there are a few things I'm not getting - below is the list - hopefully this stands to be a good reference point for others.

list of definitions - please add and I'll update this list as it grows...

Axle back - ?
Borla - ? (a make of header)
Cat - Catalytic converter (most Forester have 2?)
Cat Back - ?
EL - Equal Length? (good for boxer rumble?)
Header - Exhaust manifold / branch ?
Muffler - the end of the exhaust?
UEL - UnEqual Length (not so good for boxer rumble?)

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darn.. thats embarrassing :redface:

Kinda why I like this forum though... its rare people get shot down. Thanks for the gentle redirection.

your modding journal is rad!

:Banane35:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,859 Posts
^^ Thanks! :wink:

You have some items on your list that would be nice to add to the stickied list, so I hope you decide to post them there. They'll be easier for people to find there, since stickies stay on top of the thread. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts