Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years loyal to German motors I've strayed into unknown territory with the impromptu purchase of an '05 Forester XT at the weekend. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the engineering but unpleasantly surprised to find someone had relieved the car of it's sat nav disc. Phoned two dealers in UK who had not encountered this problem before and didnt know where to source such a thing. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. :biggrin:

Congratulation on your '05XT purchase! Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Sorry, can't help with the "sat nav disc". :frown:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Welcome. Great amount of engineering went into building the XT, but it is very different from German style of building cars. My co-worker with a 530i makes fun of the soft sheet metal and calls it an "econo box". My XT isn't as refined and plush as his car, but it hasn't spent a day away from me in 2 1/2 years I've had it, while his car has been in for repairs a few times since he bought it less than a year ago.

And, my car will spank his in both straight line and twisties :icon_biggrin:

Stan

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coincidentally, it was a 530i that I cast aside in favour of the XT - same bhp but at 300kg lighter its no contest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts