Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, some of you may know I am pretty green when it come to modifying turbo motors and before I joined this forum i'd never even heard the word Decat.

First off am I right in assuming that this means you take off the standard cat and replace it with a straight through piece?

Also is there multiple cats on the foresters exhaust?

And if this is done does it have any detremental effect when it come to MOT time?

I was talking to someone (probably a nobody) who said this was one of the best mods he'd had done!

mike

BTW some of the pictures from the ScoobySMACS, Staffs Scoobys and Midlands Scoobys can be found here.

http://www.scoobysmacs.co.uk/pictures/2006/feb_midland_meet.htm

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
At MOT time you visit friendy Subaru garage who drop your mid pipe and retro fit a mid cat, then get it really hot for emissions test, then after it has passed, refit your straight through mid pipe.

The mid pipe replaces the resonator, the cat is in the down pipe, best thing I did a full H&S decat.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Palatine® said:
Great mod
check your pm
when was that meet?
The meet was Yesterday - Sun 5th.

I only went along to see whats what! Mainly Imprezas but 2 foresters there, Mine and another blokes.

The convoy to get to the meeting was a scream 32 scoobys blasting down the A50. However I found the meeting a bit boring, not being 100% interested in imprezas!

I'll let you know when the next one is. There is supposed to be a run out on the 16th March with WYIOC but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts