Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FSTi SG9 FSTi 6 Speed
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just debadged this past week, reused 2.5XT to cover the holes

Didn't like that I couldn't see the red outline on the XT so I took a paint brush and some black enamel to it

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
87 Posts
some badging needed

I saw a white 2005 ish Foz in Las Vegas (non XT) last week with no badging whatsoever. It looked terrible IMHO. Only cars that should be 100% badge free are those not in wagon format, otherwise it looks like a shipping bay door from behind.

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
I saw a white 2005 ish Foz in Las Vegas (non XT) last week with no badging whatsoever. It looked terrible IMHO. Only cars that should be 100% badge free are those not in wagon format, otherwise it looks like a shipping bay door from behind.
i wish shipping bay doors looked that cool:bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i didn't do any reading til afterwards, i had 05 WRX and debadged it so figured too easy. I wanted to put the XT badge lower right hand corner but didn't want to pay to shave/fill holes. Oh well, this will work. The holes are like "how to apply badges for dummies" :huh:

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,909 Posts
And gives people stopped behind you in traffic nothing to read. My 2008 LL Bean's hatch looked so bare and unsymmetrical with only 3 badges that I added a 4th. I ordered three chrome "AWD" emblems (65243SA000) from the dealer, and put one on the hatch under the Forester badge, and one on each C-pillar.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I love to make people guess what it is, the forester isn't like the WRX/STi where as every little boy or girl knows what they are from video games or the new Fast and Flamer(Furious) movie. I love it when people are like "THATS A FORESTER? I thought only hippies drive those?" I laugh, then sigh and say "no its pretty fast".

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
I don't like any badges myself, however if for some reason your car gets towed with the front or rear wheels on the ground, it will toast the differential. So I moved the AWD badge from the C pillar and covered the holes with it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
on the MY05 it has the symetrical all wheel drive on the rear quarter windows, are towing companies liable for that if they goof, because it isn't anywhere else on the foz and i didn't remove any awd badges. not like i plan to get towed without my knowledge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts