Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I hate discount tire.
The weird thing is I can not stand the actual brick and motar locations, but I LOVE Discount Tire Direct. Plus the guy that post here is extremely helpful and quick to get back to your questions. The last 5 sets of tires I've bought have all been thru Discount tire direct.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
The weird thing is I can not stand the actual brick and motar locations, but I LOVE Discount Tire Direct. Plus the guy that post here is extremely helpful and quick to get back to your questions. The last 5 sets of tires I've bought have all been thru Discount tire direct.
Never been to the actual store, but Discount Tire Direct has been awesome in my previous purchases. Their prices and free shipping rock too.

·
Registered
2010 Sexually Trans infec 6MT
2,406 Posts
I'm looking at the DTD website and selected the Drag DR-31 wheels, 17x8 5x100 35mm in white. The thing is, if I go through the site selecting an 04 sti (brembos) I see the wheels only in 47mm offset, but they come with hub rings.
Questions: Can I get the 35mm wheels with the same rings for the subarus?
Also, does anybody know the weight of the wheels?

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm looking at the DTD website and selected the Drag DR-31 wheels, 17x8 5x100 35mm in white. The thing is, if I go through the site selecting an 04 sti (brembos) I see the wheels only in 47mm offset, but they come with hub rings.
Questions: Can I get the 35mm wheels with the same rings for the subarus?
Also, does anybody know the weight of the wheels?
If you purchase the DR-31 with the +35mm offset, it will come with the applicable hub rings (73-56.1). As far as the weight goes, the 17x8 +35 DR-31 only weighs 21lbs.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
the lower the offset the more brake/strut clearance. those dr-31s should fit fine!

id also like to thank DTD for my recent tire purchase. my new dunlop z1s performed amazing @ my last auto-x event. i cant believe how much better these tires are then my old bridgestone re01rs!

·
Registered
2010 Sexually Trans infec 6MT
2,406 Posts
the lower the offset the more brake/strut clearance. those dr-31s should fit fine!
but then you get into fender clearance, and I dont want to roll them.

I'm still undecided. I would love something in a 42 offset, and white.
If I'm feeling crazy I might just blow a $G on RPF1s

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,064 Posts
Do you happen to know when the next round of Michelin rebates will be? I missed the most recent one, and that rebate is the difference of me ordering a set of MXV4 from DTD or a set of Nokians and having DT mount them for me.

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you happen to know when the next round of Michelin rebates will be? I missed the most recent one, and that rebate is the difference of me ordering a set of MXV4 from DTD or a set of Nokians and having DT mount them for me.
We're not sure when the next Michelin rebate will come along again but as always, we do guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry :cool:

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
621 Posts
I'd like to give a sponsor of out site some business but neither of your sites have the tires I am looking for . I hate to say it but tirerack does .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts