Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me here...

Local "super dealership" (simmons-Rockwell) They have TONS of car brands but only care about selling cars not about taking care of there customers or making sure that they get a good car, Most of there used cars are all rentals, program cars, ect. I hate them so much when i wanted our Forester i went 80miles to a different dealership and I'm GLAD that i did!!!

1st call: So i need exhaust gaskets for the Forester. I call them up and tell them that i need parts for a 04 Forester Turbo, oh i can not look them up without the VIN. GRRRR i say "really?!" "well 1/2 model year bla bla bla" Fine, i'll get it.

2nd call: I call back with the VIN. I need parts for a Subaru (i get the same salesman "Dave"). He looks it up, and i tell him that i need the gaskets for the 2nd part of the downpipe or 2nd cat. He humm and hawws im not sure how we can make sure that we get the right parts with out you coming in. (better this than ordering gaskets for the head or some ****) Well i don't have time to "stop in" Umm he says without a fax i don't know what to do. Well i have a fax send it over. He does and i call back.

3rd phone call: I get a different salesman "John" (Dave is out to lunch) Now mind you i'm calling a SUBARU DEALER. "I need parts for a 04 Subaru Forester" VIN # he asks. I read it too him "ok what do you need". I tell him exhaust gaskets. Specifically the 2nd cat post turbo. "A turbo Forester?" he states. I slam the phone down. I'm done dealing with these ignorant **** heads!!! This was the 3rd call that i had to make to order a few simple parts, and i called a ****ing SUBARU DEALER!!!

I hope S-R dies of Gonorrhea and rots in hell!

Im gonna order online and i don't care if it costs me more!

*rant over*

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
how exactly did he say "A turbo Forester?"
was he shocked or confused or something? You gave him the VIN# so he should have already known it was a turbo based off that.

That's why if I ever order parts from a dealership, I call them with the part numbers already. I used http://opposedforces.com/parts/ to find which parts I need, then go from there.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Yeah, Ken I've been to S-R, they are a bunch arses. I never deal with them. The southern tier sadly doesn't have a competent Suby dealer. I work for Autozone though and they almost always have Suby parts, OEM parts are rarely necessary btw.

If you need any help pm me.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where the FLOCK you at!? Im in Corning.

I looked on AZ site and i only found head->manifold gaskets.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Where the FLOCK you at!? Im in Corning.

I looked on AZ site and i only found head->manifold gaskets.
I'm currently at Oneonta, but I am from Owego.

So you need the gasket from the manifold to the first catcon?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Perhaps you should post a review in the dealer/vendor review forum.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
There are definitely plenty of sorry subie parts depts. but they ask for the VIN for your benefit. You need to at least know the model of your car (XT) as well.

Order online from subaru genuine parts and be done with it. Save a few bucks too.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
....Jackie never asks me for my VIN #, and the dozens of times I've ordered parts, they've always been spot on. Take that "VIN-number-asking-part-departments" :icon_cool:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Different dealers have different practices. Some items are MY specific, so a VIN is always something good to give to ensure you get the correct item.

Now if its something like a light bulb, brake pads, etc. I could see no need for a vin.

A bumper cover, body panel, engine or trans part, its always good to offer it up as safe insurance. Nothing is worse than getting the wrong part and realizing it half way thru an install.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
I think its because they have mine saved with my file. I just say Hey its me, and they can look everything up. But we also have a relationship with them through our local club. The other dealership always asked.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts