Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 forester
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some sort of special deal going on now for direct trade ins for the 2019 forester. My dealer just left a message telling me that I would be able to trade my 2018 with barely 2500 miles for a brand new 2019 forester at the same price per month. Obviously he did not go into fine details but is this a direct trade for the same car cost balance or will I be paying substantially more at the end of the new payment plan? Not sure if there is some special going on right now? Why are they soliciting for one new car for the other so quick?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,458 Posts
No specials...just your dealer dialing for dollars to convince you to make a really bad decision.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
The only way this kind of deal can ever benefit the consumer is if the monthly payments stay the same and the repayment period doesn't alter or the interest rate is repackaged to 0% - and none of those factors are gonna happen anytime soon.

Typically in these (bad) deals, you will bve paying the same $ each month, and getting a new car - but - the payments will probably go on for a lot longer. Some people are happy with that; in fact, at least in the UK, it's how poeple changed to a new car every 3 years or so. You have to decide how long you're happy shelling out $$ each month for a car.

Reactions: treeman

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
776 Posts
Making any financial decisions trough monthly payment is mistake to begin with.
Even if they really offer you same monthly payments they are making money on combination of the following situations:
-thay offer you longer period, for example 5 vs 4 years loan
-if period is the same but you already made some payments on your 2018, so are starting same loan from the beginning
-you had 0% financing on 2018 and now it is 3% (makes difference on longer loans)

Thay for sure have some additional tricks that we are not aware off

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,458 Posts
You are also paying more in tax, title, tags and fees too that can add up quickly. Very poor financial decision IMPO.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
121 Posts
"Same Payment per Month" meaning extending your loan terms... so unless you were on a 120 mo loan with 0 down, you are losing money from the trade. The first year depreciation is the biggest, probably $3-5K and the dealer is not going to do you a favor and eat that cost for you...

·
Registered
2017 Premium with ES CVT
283 Posts
I would give a call back to confirm for sure..what if the SM is trying his best to hit quota and just need one sale,even at a loss ,to get the larger goal/incentive...Right Place Right Time and you do have 2019

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
117 Posts
I would give a call back to confirm for sure..what if the SM is trying his best to hit quota and just need one sale,even at a loss ,to get the larger goal/incentive...Right Place Right Time and you do have 2019
have to say, i'm very intrigued as to what sorta 'deal' they were in fact offering...prob a 98% chance it's a terrible deal, but...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts