Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forrester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Forrester purchased new. My Subaru dealer in central Wyoming charges/demands $800 for the 30,000 mile maintenance work and checks. I asked for a detailed print out of work to be performed. Checking that against the Subaru book that came with the vehicle, I noticed that EVERY item in the book that said inspect the dealer was doing replacements.

I thought this was bull so I checked around and found a shop that specializes in working on high performance and race cars. They don't even advertise except to the specialty car market with emphasis on Ferrari. Met the owner and he agreed to do the Forrester for me exactly as the 30,000 miles checklist is published by Subaru. Final cost = $158 !!! He also gave me an itemized print out of every check and work done direct from the Subaru maintenance list. I gave the man a six pack of micro-beer with the payment and will use him again.

So really! is with the dealer and this insane ripoff of customers!:mob:

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,123 Posts
As one member on here always says; That's why they call it the "stealership". What a rip. I don't plan on having anything done where I bought my Forester. When I bought mine, the guy that you sign all of the papers with tried to talk me into the extended maintenance for an extra grand. He said even the Subaru mechanics all get it when they buy a new one. I said yeah, whatever, nice try.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
WS,

Greetings from an almost neighbor: My wife and I own a bit of property in Lander. :cool:

$800 is a pretty nasty quote (from White's Mountain?) for the 30K service, and it's worse than any mentioned in this previous 30K service discussion. :icon_sad:

$158 for the 30K "Subaru" service sounds like it was an incredible deal!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
That's a bit high for the 30K but replacing fluids at 30K isn't a ripoff if you want to give your car the best maintenance. That stuffs been in there for close to three years.

Actually $158 is a ripoff if all they did was change your oil and rotate the tires...

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
1,975 Posts
+1 for front and rear diff fluid replacement. I did mine at 15 and the rear diff plug had a decent amount of sludge on it.

Also, at 30K if its a NA they should have done the plugs and coolant. I don't know if the coolant is mandatory or recommended, but I get ours done on the 30's.

Did that $158 include those items?

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Wait.....what.....car dealerships ripping people off? Huh news to me, must be a recent phenomena.:biggrin: Look it is OK to buy a car from a dealership but stay far far away unless you walk into their parts department, then still expect to pay double.

·
Registered
2004 XT 5 speed manual
31 Posts
I have to share

last week after buying a 06 XT ss I took it back to the dealer for front pad issues. Standing in the shop and waiting the "technicians" were driving a 06 WRX up and down the road with a turbo wistle under boost load. They changed exhaust gaskets and air filter and were stuned. I went over and told them to pull the TMIC of because as we all know they leak at the back were the Y pipe connectors bolts on to the TMIC. So after a whole 3 days with these "trained technicians" a dum customer has to tell then what the problme is. (this is Scoob n.o. 15)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts