Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Forester XT Limited and I am thinking of having the Sirius satellite radio hooked up. I am a bit leary of having the roof cut up for the antenna. Plus I am not sure that I like having two antennas. Has anyone added this option at the dealer?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
^^^
+1 on the antenna on the windshield. Don't know about the dealer install price as mine had it already. You should be able to do it yourself as most items are plug and play with minimum/some ability and save yourself a bunch of $$$. Dealer wanted $280 to do the homelink mirror and I did it for $130. All the same items! I also sold the old mirror (autodim/compass) so my final cost was $65.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring Pkg
4 Posts
Wouldn't recommend the dealer installed Sirius/XM. We have it on our 2010. You cant read the full text of the Artist or Song name (and it doesn't scroll).

Skip it!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring Pkg
4 Posts
Wouldn't everything be there aready on that trim package anyway? I think it is just a matter of calling it in to have it hooked up. If the stereo is Sat equipped, ou should get three months free. At least that is the case in Canada...

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
^^^
No. Even though the HU has the feature on it you have to install the antenna for it to work. Its an accessory and not typically supplied unless the dealer ordered it that way. Pretty easy though as all items are plug and play for the dealers to install if not equipped. Understand you concern about the display but it still plays very well and I use mine all the time........really don't listen to typical broadcast radio at all, its kinda like email vs. USPS. Kinda reversed, SAT costs money and broadcast doesn't.............commercials!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
^^^
No. Even though the HU has the feature on it you have to install the antenna for it to work. Its an accessory and not typically supplied unless the dealer ordered it that way. Pretty easy though as all items are plug and play for the dealers to install if not equipped. Understand you concern about the display but it still plays very well and I use mine all the time........really don't listen to typical broadcast radio at all, its kinda like email vs. USPS. Kinda reversed, SAT costs money and broadcast doesn't.............commercials!
So all I would need on my Limited is just an antenna? I don't need the $350 box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts