Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Why put "Danger Fast" on an X? Seems kind of silly to me...

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
+1
subaru is becoming the new honda and i guess it isn't stopping at the wrx level
...the forester is becoming the melting pot of the awful ricer fads. HID's, hellaflush, cheap coilovers, decals, ghetto repainted interior panels, etc etc etc. All of you guys are just as guilty. Put whatever sort of "look" parts on you want, its your car. At least these are nice and subtle, better than bright pink STI badges on stock foresters imo!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
That sticker is not Chinese

chinese sticker is wrong... :confused:

simplified chinese is 危险

traditional chinese is 危險

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
...the forester is becoming the melting pot of the awful ricer fads. HID's check hellaflush check, cheap coilovers check, decals check, ghetto repainted interior panels check, etc etc etc. All of you guys are just as guilty. Put whatever sort of "look" parts on you want, its your car. At least these are nice and subtle, better than bright pink STI badges on stock foresters imo!
I don't think those mods you listed are ricer mods, with the exception of the painted interior pieces. I have all those pieces on my car and i am FAR FAR from a ricer

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Impreza
11 Posts
There is a lot of hate here for those decals.

I'm not a fan either but I didnt come here just to hate on it.

and Vinnyd, those things are general basic ricer mods but I checked your journal and-
- Your forester isn't hellaflush, its nice looking, little low profile on the tire but not hellaflush. (I would never go less than 40 sidewall)
- HIDs are generally ricer-ish, they annoy else on the road and while they do allow for brighter lights, they have a very ricer rep, plenty of other bulb types to use that aren't ricer.
- all decals don't equal ricer i disagree there all together
- BC Racing Coilovers aren't bad, cheaper, but not bad. It's not all about price, I think cutting the springs is ghetto ricer-sh, just being cheap isn't enough reason to be ricer. Plus it looks like you upgraded the sways so you obviously were thinking performance and style.
- And I did't see the interior panels but I have seen plenty of hand done repaint and if it's done well its gorgeous and subtle.

Basically, I feel like being ricer is being generalized but all those things done wrong can be AWFUL RICER STATUS! And no need to hate so hardcore.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
Wow guys, when did this become NASOIC? Let the man do what he wants to his car. I'm not saying I'm a fan but he did a nice clean job and if he likes it there's no reason to flame. Different strokes for different folks, ya know?

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
There is a lot of hate here for those decals.

I'm not a fan either but I didnt come here just to hate on it.

and Vinnyd, those things are general basic ricer mods but I checked your journal and-
- Your forester isn't hellaflush, its nice looking, little low profile on the tire but not hellaflush. (I would never go less than 40 sidewall) 18x10+30 with 255/40/18 will be pretty flush. they should be here is a week or 2
- HIDs are generally ricer-ish, they annoy else on the road and while they do allow for brighter lights, they have a very ricer rep, plenty of other bulb types to use that aren't ricer. Not like i just threw some HIDS in a stock reflector housing headlight. I retrofitted a projector lamp in there
- all decals don't equal ricer i disagree there all together the only decal I have is a porsche "turbo" bad that i put under the forester in the back
- BC Racing Coilovers aren't bad, cheaper, but not bad. It's not all about price, I think cutting the springs is ghetto ricer-sh agree, just being cheap isn't enough reason to be ricer. Plus it looks like you upgraded the sways so you obviously were thinking performance and style. Performance is pretty much always the first thing on my mind when doing mods
- And I did't see the interior panels but I have seen plenty of hand done repaint and if it's done well its gorgeous and subtle. agreed again and the only thing that was done was center console done in black

Basically, I feel like being ricer is being generalized but all those things done wrong can be AWFUL RICER STATUS! And no need to hate so hardcore.
not hating just not my type of mod. to each their own

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I'm not hating, I just think it's silly.

·
Registered
05 FXT 5MT
63 Posts
This thread is silly.

OP, nice stickers. Shame they're on a car.

I'm a ricer. I have an 05 STI scoop spray bombed black on my car, do I car that all of my friends call it **** and poke fun? Nope! My car, get out of the driver's seat! :lol:

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chinese sticker is wrong... :confused:

simplified chinese is 危险

traditional chinese is 危險
its not chinese its japanese kanji
its a japanese car so i got the japanese lettering

that was some reaction hahah! :mob::mob:

oh well i agree to each their own. i do try to keep it tasteful and subtle.

and the x is fast... though the xt is much faster. these fozzies have lots of get up and go for a 4 banger. i had a mini cooper s that had 164 hp with a super charger. this car is more than that N/A.

and its ok if you dont like it, though i was hoping for a few people to like it *shrug oh well

as to the rice- i believe the riceing of a vehicle is doing things to it the give the appearance of tuning or suping it up with out actually doing it, like puting a hood scoop on a n/a car to make it look like you have a inter-cooler, or body kits on an otherwise stock car, or putting a whistle muffler on a car to make it sound like it has a turbo when it doesnt. i dont think a decal can fit into that category. though i guess i could be wrong.

oh well God Bless you all anyway!! i have no hard feelings

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Danger is Japanese, but what language is "Fast"?

It's awesome that you enjoy the car. No one will knock you for it, and you'll always get varying opinions on modifications.

I'm surprised that a Mini-S, with its only 6 fewer horsepower but what, near 1000 pounds lighter, was slower than a Forester X.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Impreza
11 Posts
as to the rice- i believe the riceing of a vehicle is doing things to it the give the appearance of tuning or suping it up with out actually doing it, like puting a hood scoop on a n/a car to make it look like you have a inter-cooler, or body kits on an otherwise stock car, or putting a whistle muffler on a car to make it sound like it has a turbo when it doesnt. i dont think a decal can fit into that category. though i guess i could be wrong.
I partially agree. I see ricing as the body styling and tuner style without tuning. Or even with tuning but only cuz you had the money to get it done, not cuz you have the know how to do it yourself or even drive it affectively. Basically when you are putting appearance before capabilities of yourself and your car.

I have always preferred having sleeper cars. Something that will kick your donkey and you will be wondering, "what the hell does he have under the hood?"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts