Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured after almost 9 months of having my car it might just be time to start writing everything down... I have made a few posts with a couple of the mods I have done thus far but this will help me keep them nice and neatly kept together.

My car:
Silver MY04 XT Auto
Purchase in Sept 09 with about 58*** on the odo

This is was a day or two after I got my Subie with my friends Impreza

A little more recent but before swifts were added

Swifts added!

Current Mods

Engine/Exhaust
Cobb Short Ram Intake
TurboXS Catback AB Exhaust http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/dbphotos-04xt-77040/index3.html#post893781
Cobb Catted DP
STi Up-Pipe
STi TMIC - Thanks Ian!
Perrin Tubro Inlet
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
VF-43

18.5 psi - 302whp/345torque

Suspension/Wheels
Motegi SP10 18x8 with Toyo Proxes4 - http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f104/new-wheels-so-fresh-so-clean-74385/
Crossdrilled/Slotted Rotors - http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/merry-christmas-my-subie-65771/
Swift springs Post #10 - http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/sittin-swifts-about-time-77885/
Stock wheels painted black for winter...Toyo Observe GO2+ 16/225/55
STi Rear Sway Bar - Installed...Have the front, just not installed

Exterior/ Interior
15% window tint all around, no sunroof :icon_frown:
6000k HID low beams & fog lights
STi Hood Scoop - Thanks Chris
RallyArmor Urethane mudflaps - white
Blue LED dome/map/cargo lights

Sound System
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/little-boom-boom-xt-60435/

Planned Mods
In no particular order...
Rear Spoiler
Armrest extension

I think this will be a good set of things to keep me occupied over the next year or so...if anyone reads this has any of these parts and wants to possibly part with them, PM me and lets talk

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
15% window tint all around, no sunroof :icon_frown:
IMO, count yourself lucky! The sunroof (1) adds weight up high, which hurts handling and (2) rattles and squeaks, especially when open. If there was an easy way to get rid of it, I would do so with mine in a heartbeat.

I look forward to your additions to your journal!

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, count yourself lucky! The sunroof (1) adds weight up high, which hurts handling and (2) rattles and squeaks, especially when open. If there was an easy way to get rid of it, I would do so with mine in a heartbeat.
I just don't like having the solid roof over me all the time! I guess I am lucky to not have to deal with any potential leaking problems down the road though...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I wasn't going to buy an XT without a moonroof! I never close the shade and if it isn't raining I open it. The kids LOVE looking out of it too. This year we wil lbe at the ocean for 4th of July, so if it gets cold we will sit in the car and look out the moonroof at the Fireworks.

So are you going to post any pix?

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to post some addition photos...I already had them in my linked post though so I didn't want to throw up the same ones twice... I still need to come take a ride on your swifts Chris! Mann-Engineering is having a little sale on them this weekend so I may just pick up a set and go in blind on them... I have read nothing but good things about them though so I am not too worried!

I do need to come pick your brain next week possibly on some options for dynamat around the car... but that is a whole other can of worms.

Have fun at the ocean!

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Looking good.

I wasn't going to buy an XT without a moonroof! I never close the shade and if it isn't raining I open it. The kids LOVE looking out of it too. This year we wil lbe at the ocean for 4th of July, so if it gets cold we will sit in the car and look out the moonroof at the Fireworks.

So are you going to post any pix?
This is exactly why I had to have the moonroof.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Swifts are coming today!!!!

Sorry about the random post. I'm just REALLY excited...pics to come!

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sittin' on Swifts...about time!

Well gents...and the few ladies out there, I finally got my Swifts installed today.

Purchased from Greg @ Mann Engineering during the super DEE duper 4th of July sale. $285 shipped!?!? Epic win for me!:woohoo:

Anyway...to the install. I only had my blackberry with me today so you can blame them for the shotty photos...I should have brought my DSLR in the shop...oh well.
One of the nice advantages to working in a car dealership is having full access to the shop after business hours... my roommate is a tech and he helped me out this evening.

Got all the wheels off...this could be a "before" picture.

So as we were removing the front set we noticed that the top bolt was a camber bolt... does anyone know if that is stock on the Forester?

Top mounts unscrewed.

So the front springs kept slipping when we were trying to get them to compress... and probably cost us about a half hour or trying to get them to stop...what a waste of time!

So pretty sure we thought I had ordered the wrong springs! The size difference is crazy! in a good way...

mmmm so pretty!

All in all, with doing the alignment at the end and brisk test drive it took about 2.5 hours ish to get the whole set installed front and back.

Pics to come of the new ride height, but I must say it is an AMAZING difference driving.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soooo the Swifts have been on for about a month now... So I decided it was time for the next Mod this morning... HIDs!

Ordered this morning from HID Kits - Xenon Kit - Car Lights after talking with the guy for a bit on the phone. Very helpful people on there!

Pics to come of the install next week when they arrive!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
126 Posts
Soooo the Swifts have been on for about a month now... So I decided it was time for the next Mod this morning... HIDs!

Ordered this morning from HID Kits - Xenon Kit - Car Lights after talking with the guy for a bit on the phone. Very helpful people on there!

Pics to come of the install next week when they arrive!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
I really love the swift. If it wasnt hard to find i would've gotten that instead of coils. and also good luck on ur HID. hope to see it soon on your journal.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:woohoo:So it is gonna be a two Mod install week next week...just ordered a COBB Short Ram:woohoo:

Now it is time for work to have loooooooads of fun and make some money for all these goodies!:bling:

Happy Saturday everyone!

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What output did you go with and did you do the phillips kit or bi-xenon?
They are bi-xenon. I looked at the Phillips kit but without knowing the huge difference I couldn't really justify the extra money on them... is there a difference? Other then the "superior quality product"

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
236 Posts
They are bi-xenon. I looked at the Phillips kit but without knowing the huge difference I couldn't really justify the extra money on them... is there a difference? Other then the "superior quality product"
as far as I'm aware...the only difference is the "superior quality product" :icon_rolleyes:

I'll be looking forward to how it turns out...if it's good and you give it two thumbs up I'll be pull out the plastic rectangle! I believe I'm set on the standard 6000k temp.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as far as I'm aware...the only difference is the "superior quality product" :icon_rolleyes:

I'll be looking forward to how it turns out...if it's good and you give it two thumbs up I'll be pull out the plastic rectangle! I believe I'm set on the standard 6000k temp.
Well they shipped today...the customer service from them has been really good. Had a slight hiccup though because I didn't have the correct fog light size...which is an H3 in case anyone is wondering...looking forward to getting them in!

Nice XT. Good stance too!
Thank you sir! I wish I had the extra cash to buy that set up from you the other day!!!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts