Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Should Fiiiiinally have my black g-forces back from powdercoat on Wednesday.... after 6 F*&($ing weeks!

Here's the most recent shot - as well my new fisheye lens:woohoo:

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
love that paint.. is it clear coated?
It's not paint... it's a 3M vinyl - 1080 series to be exact... It doesn't have an overlaminate but I've polished it with some Chemical Guys V38 finishing polish and waxed it with their M-Seal wax.. As well I use their satin finish detailer to clean up little imperfections. I have more vinyl on order so I can FINALLY finish up the bumpers/rear hatch/spoiler.

·
Registered
2005 MY06 XTL
21 Posts
Man - love the look of that vinyl and those rims, so sick. I'm looking to drop mine to your height but I think i'm going to need to remove my Front Lip and Sti Pods.

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can't help but think it still looks a bit like primer... but I think that is my only issue with it so far.
haha yeah that was actually my first thought when I laid the first panel. It has a bit of sparkle/flake to it in real sunlight tho which definitely makes look un-primerish. I will have to get some sunny shots once the vinyl gets finished.

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
These aren't for my car but for a buddies - Mine will be done asap tho after I saw how sweet it turned out! *The B Pillars are flush because he is running a harness bar and 4-points rather than stock belts* The C Pillars will also have the seatbelt mounts smoothed out.

And a shot of the car lowered on BCs and on Enkei RCT4s instead of the G-Forces.

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Went to the West Coast Subaru Show (3rd overall Forester woop woop!) and got some shots of the rig.

.... and yes, that is me in a mullet wig and lime green sunglasses

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
819 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before, but your Forester looks wicked cool. Very nice job on the vinyl wrap. :Banane08:

However, your car screams to me that it want to have roof spoiler. :icon_biggrin: I think it would really finish off the aggressive look of the car with those yummy Enkei RCT4 wheels.

If I didn't have to fund other mods to my Forester, I would wrap my entire car in that carbon fiber vinyl wrap that you have on your rear side window trim. :Banane17:

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before, but your Forester looks wicked cool. Very nice job on the vinyl wrap. :Banane08:

However, your car screams to me that it want to have roof spoiler. :icon_biggrin: I think it would really finish off the aggressive look of the car with those yummy Enkei RCT4 wheels.

If I didn't have to fund other mods to my Forester, I would wrap my entire car in that carbon fiber vinyl wrap that you have on your rear side window trim. :Banane17:
I actually have a roof spoiler for the car haha and will put it back on after its been wrapped along with the rest of the back end. As for the Enkeis, they are for sale... wanna buy them? Im rolling on the black Rotas as the RCT4s aren't offset-y enough for the aesthetic I'm after. Thanks for the kind words tho!

Id be interested to see how a full carbon vinyl wrap would look on a Forester - its a vehicle with a ton of complex shapes and I would be afraid that the vinyl would stretch and the carbon would look distorted on the hood and fenders.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Even with brembos and SS lines on the car I wasn't happy with how my brakes were responding so I had an STI MC and Grimmspeed MC brace installed - WOW! What a difference, I have so much more braking power earlier in the pedal stroke now than I ever did before. Definitely something worth pursuing for anyone unhappy with their brakes.

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Looks like I will be joining the 6 speed club here pretty soon...... I'm STOKED!!!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
07 FSXT 6MT dccdpro
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
6 spd is in!!

Ohhhh man I'm loving today! Got my 6 spd installed last night and HOLY S$&T what a difference! Loving the reverse dongle haha.

Scored an 06 trans, WRX rear diff (3.545 final drive on both) ACT Stage 1 clutch & lightened flywheel, short throw linkage, Group N mount and Beatrush Pitch-stop mount that all went in together.

Currently cruising at 60mph @ 2500rpm and not 3k and everything feels SO much more responsive! Had a lightened flywheel in my old Legacy and driving this car today makes me remember how much I like it!

21 - 40 of 591 Posts