Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Saturday (May 1), I did a day trip to Death Valley. We've had more rain than normal in the LA area this past winter. I drove out there expecting to see a valley full of wild flowers, but, I was a few weeks late....

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We came upon a coyote looking for a free snack. Apparently it was fed before, as it tried it's luck from cars passing by. It finally gave up and went to sit in the shade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really peaceful and quiet out there. No other vehicles on the road for long stretches in the park. Love the desert!

Attachments

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts

I laughed when I saw this. We had a coyote that would constantly jump in our backyard and play with my dogs. They all got along great, but was still a bit skittish about me, though it let me pet it a few times. Haven't seen it since they put in the new subdivision behind me though.

·
Registered
2007 Forester/XT/Sports
105 Posts
I think you and I have the same car...

Nice trip photos. I have always wanted to do a trip there.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments!

I love driving. My wife, sits next to me and takes all the pictures. Her ooin' and ah-in' at the different sights makes it all worth while.

·
Registered
2000 Forester Manual
16 Posts
Awesome, if you are not afraid of driving through a dirt road for a few miles and going over a few rocks you should check Anza Borrego Desert, they got some very cool Mud caves and some mud canyons and other places you can drive to. Soon ill post my trip here too

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Premium, AWP 5MT
566 Posts
Nice pics. Did you head out to Devils Racetrack? Very, very cool. 27mile dirt road one way, sandy, washboarded and rocky in spots. Awesome drive for the Sub! Did that trip the day after Christmas, camped for three days.

link to the pics my wife took:
Death Valley - primages' Photos

·
Registered
2007 Forester Xt 4eat
36 Posts
I'd love to go to death valley sometime... but its just so far away from here :frown:
Death valley is 5350 miles away from home for me (if I could travel in a straight line), and I've been there twice...
Fantastic nature, but not the greatest driving experience with a lincoln town car rental...

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pics. Did you head out to Devils Racetrack? Very, very cool. 27mile dirt road one way, sandy, washboarded and rocky in spots. Awesome drive for the Sub! Did that trip the day after Christmas, camped for three days.

link to the pics my wife took:
Death Valley - primages' Photos
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Really cool. We'll have to check out that part of the park next time.

·
Registered
2011 2.5X 5MT
4 Posts
Great trip report!

I just took my 2011 Forester on its second trip to DV. My previous car was a Honda Civic, so I'm really enjoying the greater capability for exploring my favorite place. In November, when I had only had my Forester a couple weeks I took it to Saline Valley. This time I went to Hole in the Wall, Titus Canyon Rd, Marble Canyon, and other places. I'm really impressed with how it handles the rough roads and has great traction. If only it didn't have so many interior rattles....that's my only complaint.

BTW, there weren't any wild flowers this year either. Too little rain.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4EAT
733 Posts

I laughed when I saw this. We had a coyote that would constantly jump in our backyard and play with my dogs. They all got along great, but was still a bit skittish about me, though it let me pet it a few times. Haven't seen it since they put in the new subdivision behind me though.
you sound like my girlfriend and stray cats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts