Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been there(LaVale, MD)? Its the best Ive ever had.

I got off work early and drove 90+ miles round trip to bring 3 home, 2 for me and 1 for the Mrs. :)

I also saw my 1st "on the road XT" in Lavale, beautiful aspen white, parked on National Highway.Someone from the forum maybe? :confused:

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,778 Posts
I lived in Maryland for over 35 years and never even heard of LaVale! A quick look at the map says that it's way out there!

I can't say that I'd drive that far for a cheese steak, even a great one, but I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever in the vicinity. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I lived in that area (cumberland) for 2 yrs and was hooked at 1st bite. Ive lived near Philly and there's nothing there that even compares!!! :biggrin:

BTW Im a cheese steak junkie.....if you didnt guess already.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
D'Atri's Cheesesteak Subs

Yes, D'atri's is the best! I grew up near Frostburg and never new how good I had it, when it came to Cheesesteak subs. About 15 or 20 years ago the D'atri's divorced and sold franchises. Therre is a place in Hagerstown called Turtle's. They serve genuine D'atri's subs too. So you don't have to go all the way to LaVale!

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,778 Posts
Yes, D'atri's is the best! I grew up near Frostburg and never new how good I had it, when it came to Cheesesteak subs. About 15 or 20 years ago the D'atri's divorced and sold franchises. Therre is a place in Hagerstown called Turtle's. They serve genuine D'atri's subs too. So you don't have to go all the way to LaVale!
Wow, this is a super terrific first post. Very welcome to the forum! You paid your dues with that information.

Now you might want to wander over to the New Member Introductions Forum and tell us some more about yourself and your Forester.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turtles, I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have to work out that direction!!

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
See, now this just ain't right. I am probably never going to get a chance
to taste these cheese steaks you speak of?!?!?
:mob:

hehe. :lol:, but seriously - thanks for the tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.