Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 forester has 50k miles. I recently upgraded the stereo to a KENWOOD with apple CarPlay and added a dashcam.

Since the install, eyesight turns off at night for no apparent reason and some times comes back on.

Is this something that’s fixable via an eyesight calibration?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for moving this. After more testing, I realized that with or without the dashcam, EyeSight works flawlessly during the day and does not work at all during night. I drove during the day for 50 miles today and it worked perfectly except inside a 3 mile tunnel when it shut down :(.

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
Thanks for moving this. After more testing, I realized that with or without the dashcam, EyeSight works flawlessly during the day and does not work at all during night. I drove during the day for 50 miles today and it worked perfectly except inside a 3 mile tunnel when it shut down :(.
So your Suby is night blind so to speak! :N_poke: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
713 Posts
Where did you mount the dashcam? There are lots of restrictions for what you can do around the windshield and dashboard. If you put an object in a restricted area or on the dashboard, it can cause EyeSight to shut down. I am considering installing a dashcam on the rearview mirror, but haven't finished researching dashcams yet. Here's a page from the EyeSight manual for a 2018 Forester. Maybe at night the system sees the reflection of your dashcam, or its mounting bracket or something. Or maybe there's some dirt on one or more of the EyeSight cameras.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester
47 Posts
On our 2015 Outback, I have a Transcend Pro under under the review mirror. Have not had an issue in 2+ years I've had the unit and hope to place it in the same area/location on the new 2019 Sport we pick up Monday. I'll have to let you know though on the outcome.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,970 Posts
It's for this reason that a lot of states are moving the location of inspection stickers from top center to lower corner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts